• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strawb pajero
    • Jan 2012
    • Dubai, UAE

To LIFT or not to LIFT???

Hello Gentlemen ....

I drive a 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5l V6 LWB (long wheel base) ... ive been considering getting a 2-3" suspension lift done and was looking for BILSTEINS or LOVELLS suspension kits ..... (I am from Dubai, UAE and they are not available here locally ... for the pajero that is)

Ive changed tires to 265/75/16 Cooper STT's on 8' wide rims ... im having problems in terms of wheel well scraping when in articulation

my questions are:

1. Where would you recommend i start shopping over the net? please do suggest some links which have good feedback in terms to shipping internationally

2. Would the suspension lift be really that huge of an impact in performance? (only issue i have now is that my wheels scrape the wheel well if i go really hard on sand dunes but other than that its fine)

Thanks in advance

cheers
    2010 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5L V6 LWB
  • onallfour
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2010
    • Camden, Sydney

you can try www.bushskinz4x4.com.au. He sorted my car out and the handling is so much better now and got 2-3 inches of lift for me. He has bilsteins and lovells. Send him an email to see if he can send to you or try another shop i have seen, www.shox.com. There may be other threads with other shops available on the internet.
    Last edited by onallfour; 30-01-12, 01:38 PM. Reason: corrected website addy
    Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• markandliz
      • Jul 2009
      • Perth WA

Lift It

Originally posted by strawb pajero View Post
      Hello Gentlemen ....

I drive a 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5l V6 LWB (long wheel base) ... ive been considering getting a 2-3" suspension lift done and was looking for BILSTEINS or LOVELLS suspension kits ..... (I am from Dubai, UAE and they are not available here locally ... for the pajero that is)

Ive changed tires to 265/75/16 Cooper STT's on 8' wide rims ... im having problems in terms of wheel well scraping when in articulation

my questions are:

1. Where would you recommend i start shopping over the net? please do suggest some links which have good feedback in terms to shipping internationally

2. Would the suspension lift be really that huge of an impact in performance? (only issue i have now is that my wheels scrape the wheel well if i go really hard on sand dunes but other than that its fine)

Thanks in advance

cheers
      Lift it best thing and money well spent to any Pajero !! thats all I will say

Comment

• MickyD
        • Dec 2007
        • Aberfoyle Park SA

Originally posted by onallfour View Post
        That website is actually http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au not the above.
        NT MY10 VRX DiD Auto (charcoal grey) with MMA towbar & nudge bar plus sundry other MMA bits including neoprene seat covers, Lightforce 170 Striker spotties, Milford cargo barrier, Hankook Ventus tyres on 18" OEM alloy rims and 17" BFG A/T KO tyres on 17" OEM steel rims, Redarc TowPro brake controller, DigOptions replacement head unit with reversing camera, full set of Bushskinz bash plates, Bilstein/Dobinson suspension

Comment

welcome to the forum.

I have OME lift and got 2" out of it.

I can say that before the the lift, I would hit the bushskinz plates almost every time I went 4wding. (driving slow and careful)

After the lift I have not bottomed out or hit the plates at all. VERY happy with the lift and recommend it highly.

Comment

• strawb pajero
            • Jan 2012
            • Dubai, UAE

Originally posted by onallfour View Post
            you can try www.bushskinz.com.au. He sorted my car out and the handling is so much better now and got 2-3 inches of lift for me. He has bilsteins and lovells. Send him an email to see if he can send to you or try another shop i have seen, www.shox.com. There may be other threads with other shops available on the internet.
            sent him a message thru the website (bushskinz) ... the shipping option he has does not cover dubai so im waiting for him to confirm

Originally posted by markandliz View Post
            Lift it best thing and money well spent to any Pajero !! thats all I will say
            from what i read .... yes to money well spent

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
            That website is actually http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au not the above.
            found it sir ... thanks

Originally posted by mil098 View Post
            welcome to the forum.

I have OME lift and got 2" out of it.

I can say that before the the lift, I would hit the bushskinz plates almost every time I went 4wding. (driving slow and careful)

After the lift I have not bottomed out or hit the plates at all. VERY happy with the lift and recommend it highly.

can you provide me a link on where i can order it on-line?

thanks

Comment

• Goodsy
              Who ya gunna call....
              • Dec 2010
              • Hervey Bay

Lift it. Best thing you can do to the Pajero is decent suspension.

Also what rims are you running because 265/75R16's shouldn't rub at all with any
              suspension setup.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Merts
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2011
                • Bendigo Vic

I'm also interested in what rims you put on. I didn't think any 16 inch rims would clear the brake calipers on the front of a LWB NT?
                Merts
                Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Traveller43
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • Perth, WA

An alternative good value site for shocks (Bilsteins) from the US is www.truckspring.com Between them and Shox.com you should be able to source Bilsteins at a very good price and in stock.

I did the Bilsteins from truckspring and King springs from kieron at Bushskinz and the diifference is phenomenal over standard suspension.

Highly recommended.
                  Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket

Comment

• Patagonia
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Im thinking on two reasons for which they can rub:
                    - You have your front bumper bended because of hitting something
                    - If your wheels have less offset than the original (so you have more track width) and thus they can rub when turning (turn left the right wheel can rub on the bumper)

So, if they rub a suspension lift won't solve your problem, as with 2" the tire with still face the arch with its widest part and anyway while offloading you will compress suspension at some point.

What you need to do is to cut or remove some of the plastic inside the wheel arch where its rubbing, its probably where there is a screw that holds the mud flap (or stone guard, the little part far bellow)
                    2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
                    Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
                    31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
                    2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• mynance
                      • Jul 2009
                      • Hervey Bay Qld

2" is about the max you can go without damaging CV's. Did mine when the suspension fitter didn't read the instruction that came with the Lovells, ended up with 3" in the front untill I fitted heavey Bullbar.
                      New front driveshaft had to be imported from Japan $1,200.00, luckily I managed to get it under warranty.

Myles
                      MY 13 NW DiD VRX, Ultimate Suspensions HD all round with Coil Rite Airbags
                      Seachange 595 Elite Off Road Caravan

Comment

• strawb pajero
                        • Jan 2012
                        • Dubai, UAE

Originally posted by Patagonia View Post
                        Im thinking on two reasons for which they can rub:
                        - You have your front bumper bended because of hitting something
                        - If your wheels have less offset than the original (so you have more track width) and thus they can rub when turning (turn left the right wheel can rub on the bumper)

So, if they rub a suspension lift won't solve your problem, as with 2" the tire with still face the arch with its widest part and anyway while offloading you will compress suspension at some point.

What you need to do is to cut or remove some of the plastic inside the wheel arch where its rubbing, its probably where there is a screw that holds the mud flap (or stone guard, the little part far bellow)

ive actually cut and removed all the plastics i dont need in the front bumper ....

but you did get the problems spot on

cheers

Comment

• strawb pajero
                          • Jan 2012
                          • Dubai, UAE

Originally posted by mynance View Post
                          2" is about the max you can go without damaging CV's. Did mine when the suspension fitter didn't read the instruction that came with the Lovells, ended up with 3" in the front untill I fitted heavey Bullbar.
                          New front driveshaft had to be imported from Japan $1,200.00, luckily I managed to get it under warranty.

Myles
                          3" lift and CVD's got damaged?

Comment

• mynance
                            • Jul 2009
                            • Hervey Bay Qld

3" lift and CVD's got damaged?
                            Spat all the grease out through a tear in the boot, quite likely to have been let drop by the suspension fitter instead of being supported.

I am not sure but I think the higher the lift you put in the more you reduce the amount of wheel travel you have,

Myles
                            MY 13 NW DiD VRX, Ultimate Suspensions HD all round with Coil Rite Airbags
                            Seachange 595 Elite Off Road Caravan

Comment

• Patagonia
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

The problem with more lift will be very little suspension travel, I think the front is no more the 12 cm aprox, if you put 3" that will 7,5 cm that would give only 5 cm travel on extension!!
                              2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
                              Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
                              31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
                              2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X