• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silver_surfer
    • Oct 2014
    • Sydney

Originally posted by nidstein View Post
    Hey Silver Surfer, do you know if he used an adapter for the steering wheel controls or if he wired it direct to the unit? I have just installed a Pioneer unit without adapter which the unit is meant to be able to do but it is not working, waiting for Pioneer to come back to me but just interested to see if they can work without an adapter.

Cheers
    I think the harness mentioned included SWC. Which the radio adapter provided plugged into.

But it is absolutely possible to hard wire and would not be that hard I see the pin out has been given elsewhere in this post.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Silver_surfer
      • Oct 2014
      • Sydney

Originally posted by bennyb29 View Post
      Thanks a lot for sharing this. I am interested in the same, and wanted to check the cost of the HU, and the harness, plz.
      Head unit was $767 from Ryda.com and the harness I mention was ~$300. A few online stores had the head unit at around the same price.

Comment

• troopiepete
        • Jul 2016
        • Brisbane

Just Purchased a head unit and the interface cable
        https://ebay.us/F7kHKC
        As instructed I ordered the Can Bus interface and it has worked very well connecting the Steering wheel controls and the Rockford Amp is working very well.

But I wanted to use the Factory reverse Camera and Microphone
        So went hunting and found this thread..
        Ok it's helped me with things like the Camera is not a 12v unit so will have to arrange a Voltage regulator..
        But still did not help me much so I have done some chasing of cables and other outputs..

This is what I have found to date.. any errors please let me know.
        24 Pin Plug

Pin Cable use

1 - nc
        2 - nc
        3 - nc
        4 - Dark Green
        5 - Light Green

6 - Black (GND)
        7 - White (Rev Video line)
        8 - Pink (Rev Camera +5V)
        9 - Pink (Microphone +7V)
        10 - Black (GND)
        11 - Red (Battery +12v)

12 - nc
        13 - nc
        14 - nc
        15 - nc
        16 - Green
        17 - Orange
        18 - Green
        19 - Black/Yellow
        20 - Yellow (Rev Camera Shield)
        21 - Pink/Blue
        22 - Blue (Microphone)
        23 - Red/Brown (Reverse +12V Signal)
        24 - Purple (Microphone)

Comment

• Steven77
          • Feb 2019
          • Sydney

Audio Unit Replacement

I recently replaced my audio unit in my 2007 NS Pajero Exceed with a double DIN Sony XAV AX5500 and also purchased the Aeropro wiring looms CHMB4C and APP9SP4 so it was plug and play. Since fitting it after a day and a half the battery drains and goes flat. I removed the unit And wiring completely after charging the battery and it stayed charged so isolated it to the new unit or wiring. I plugged the audio unit back in but left one part of the plug and play loom disconnected which was the module/control box for the steering controls and it didn’t go flat after three days. I noticed the wiring going into the box had constant power which didn’t make sense so I cut it and connected it to accessories and thought I’d fixed it but after a day and a half the battery was flat again. If anyone could help Or had the same issue that would be awesome

Comment

• mud80
            • Aug 2012
            • oz

Originally posted by Steven77 View Post
            Audio Unit Replacement

I recently replaced my audio unit in my 2007 NS Pajero Exceed with a double DIN Sony XAV AX5500 and also purchased the Aeropro wiring looms CHMB4C and APP9SP4 so it was plug and play. Since fitting it after a day and a half the battery drains and goes flat. I removed the unit And wiring completely after charging the battery and it stayed charged so isolated it to the new unit or wiring. I plugged the audio unit back in but left one part of the plug and play loom disconnected which was the module/control box for the steering controls and it didn’t go flat after three days. I noticed the wiring going into the box had constant power which didn’t make sense so I cut it and connected it to accessories and thought I’d fixed it but after a day and a half the battery was flat again. If anyone could help Or had the same issue that would be awesome
            Hi Steven77, any updates on this one mate?
            I'm having the exact same issue with the Aerpro kit but with a Sony XAV AX3000 unit.

Comment

• kiwi horan
              • Sep 2014
              • Melbourne

Audio Unit Replacement

Go into Facebook and search for this guy - very helpful, and has fixed the exact (?) same problem using a relay
              dave fenech.315

mud80

other posts suggest the MITO-02 cable not the CHMB4C .. soooo ???
              Last edited by kiwi horan; 29-10-21, 10:39 PM.
              Pajero NS 2008 Exceed MY07

Comment

• bennyb29
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2015
                • Brisbane

Audio Unit Replacement

Any updates, Steve? I might soon be embarking on the same journey and wanted to know if you were able to resolve the issue.

Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• bennyb29
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2015
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by kiwi horan View Post

Go into Facebook and search for this guy - very helpful, and has fixed the exact (?) same problem using a relay
                  dave fenech.315 - he's wearing an orange work jumper in his avatar

other posts suggest the MITO-02 cable not the CHMB4C .. soooo ???
                  Thanks for referring Dave as a contact for this issue. I spoke to him and agree that is he super helpful, a true legend.
                  Dave explained on how the wires remained powered with the CHMB4C even with the key removed, which led to the battery drain. He has installed a relay to the part shown circled in the pic below, which is connected to the accessories feed, thereby eliminating this issue.

Apparently this is an issue with random NT and NW models. Fingers crossed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CHMB4C_1.jpg
Views:	1053
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1074503

Comment

• spiderpig
                    • Jan 2008

Does anyone have anymore info on how the relay is wired in? Think i have the same problem with an aftermarket ebay headunit i have installed with the CANBUS module

Comment

• Larppanen
                      • Feb 2020
                      • Finland

Does anyone know is there any harness/adapter for this type of connectors so I can replace my MMCS with Rockford audio and in-build navigation? My car is 03/2010 LWB, 147 kW and made for European market.

I don't have original pictures from my unit, I'll take some when I have time. But if someone knows with these pics I found from web..

Click image for larger version  Name:	mmc-model.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	1080686
                      Front

Click image for larger version  Name:	pinout_1497688902_image.png Views:	0 Size:	706.0 KB ID:	1080687
                      Back (https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-M...R_pinout.shtml)
                      Pajero 2010 3.2TD 147kW Automatic

Comment

• bennyb29
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2015
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
                        Does anyone have anymore info on how the relay is wired in? Think i have the same problem with an aftermarket ebay headunit i have installed with the CANBUS module
                        My installer ran the relay off the ACC supply, so it powers only when when key is in ACC mode and beyond.

Comment

• NTChris
                          • Aug 2020
                          • Brisbane

Hi there,
                          Just recently replaced MMCS with Rockford.

Have all 12 speakers working

Kenwood DDX9020DAB+
                          Replaced Rockford 12 Channel amp with Kenwood 5 Channel AMP

Set up is - Head Unit Running Front Doors and Rear Doors with passive cross overs for Tweeters - Front Centre Speaker in Dash on same channel as front Left

Tail Gate Speakers and Sub Running off Amp

NewAmp is under Passenger as it would not fit under Sub where the 12 Channel Amp was amd heaps easier to get to if adjustments needed

2 Port USB replacing Cigarette Lighter for Apple CarPlay

Very Happy With Result - only piece of Advice would be to ensure Speakers are in good order , mine are ao did not replace but if Speakers are shot be best to replace speakers at the same time..... Was a 2 Day Job significant portion of interior removed for wiring

Comment

• WildRunner77
                            • Jun 2021
                            • Nsw

My 2012 NW has this prehistoric MMCS Rockford system and I am looking to change it something that is useful. Mine also has a reversing camera.
                            What did you all replace your unit with? Did you keep the reversing camera or replace it with something else? I ask because somewhere I read that the reversing camera doesn't use 12v

Comment

• Keithyv
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2018
                              • Perth

I put a Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT in my 2014 NW.
                              No the rear camera is not 12V but I kept the factory one anyway. Just tapped into the video feed to go to the new unit and picked up the 12V reversing trigger from elsewhere. All good.
                              Planning to replace the camera with something decent at some stage.
                              2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                              MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• scotty693
                                • Mar 2019
                                • Adelaide SA

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                                I put a Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT in my 2014 NW.
                                No the rear camera is not 12V but I kept the factory one anyway. Just tapped into the video feed to go to the new unit and picked up the 12V reversing trigger from elsewhere. All good.
                                Planning to replace the camera with something decent at some stage.
                                Yeah mate the camera uses 6.5-6.8 volts from memory, I also replaced the crap MMCS unit with an Alpine and gave up with the camera and bought an Alpine one that's specific to their units and its great as I can activate the camera without being in reverse. the reverse trigger is connected to the head unit as well so it changes when I select reverse. I will be adding their multi camera feature box soon so I can put one on the front, really useful when 4wding to see what's immediately in front of the bonnet

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X