• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crofty11
    • Jul 2018
    • Queensland

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
    Thanks everyone for all your assistance. Picked it up yesterday afternoon. I’m confident it was a good purchase. Annoying dash rattle far left of dash at certain speeds but will sort that out and could potentially get it fixed under warranty.

Rear cargo light isn’t working and it’s not the bulb. Also the rear park light wasn’t working when it was in my driveway but when I got to a relative’s place it was suddenly fine. Maybe a loose connection. Will need to suss those out. Everything else electric wise works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    regarding the rear cargo light, I had the same issue. when i pulled the light out , active the wire was disconnected. my theory was that the police had something else connected up and when they refurbished it to sell to public they forgot to connect this back up.

also found all sorts of odd wiring under centre console that had been cut and again I guess there must of been other electronics connected up when it was a police vehicle.

otherwise super happy with decision to buy one of these!

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

Originally posted by crofty11 View Post
      regarding the rear cargo light, I had the same issue. when i pulled the light out , active the wire was disconnected.
      Thanks mate. When I had the auto electrician install an Anderson plug before my trip I mentioned it to him and he found the prob in 5min and saved me the hassle. But exactly same issue as you describe. Seems a common thing on ex cop cars.
      The only extra wiring I’ve found so far (and I’ve been under the dash and under the centre console to install UHF and Lock Up Mate) was a leftover aerial coax terminal that had been cut off and left in the firewall’s engine loom wiring rubber sleeve with 10mm of wire still on it lol.
      Also replaced the damaged glossy black stereo surround for $60 from a wrecker and now interior is almost as good as any privately sourced vehicle.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

My Ex NSW Police MY16 NX Pajero

Well been a while since I’ve posted here. Some updates.

- Approaching 112,000km with no issues whatsoever so far, love this NX and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another ex cop Pajero again.
        - Did Plenty Hwy and central Aus trip last year (8,000km) with no hiccups
        - Put Toyo OPAT 2 on prior to the trip
        - Installed a Lock Up Mate for trip
        - Installed a Provent 200
        - Installed a rear shelf built well by a forum member and solid as.
        - LED interior lights
        - Due for a polish
        - Uniden remote UHF and aerial (both generously gifted from a mate who works in the industry)
        Amongst other things

Since I hadn’t polished it I managed to read the old cop sticker outlines and find a Streetview photo of my car sitting outside the police station in a little rural NSW town, this photo taken 2 months before I bought it... I still have the big number outlines on the roof (only visible at certain angle when light reflecting off). As soon as I saw it before I even confirmed the numbers I had a good feeling it was mine going by the particular combo of all the gear attached.

Plus a few photos of the trip.

Comment

• skins2380
          • Jun 2015
          • ACT

Good to see you've come out a winner with the Paj

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Good result. I like the bullbar setup. From the original photos of when it was a full on cop car it looks to me that the sidesteps are silver....
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
              Valued Member
              • May 2017
              • Sydney

My Ex NSW Police MY16 NX Pajero

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
              Good result. I like the bullbar setup.
              Thanks Dicko! Yep me too. On the spotties, they took off the lightforce plastic covers before sale and the new ones weren’t cheap but they haven’t been nicked yet. Found a replacement on the side of the Plenty Hwy lol but a little yellowed.

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
              From the original photos of when it was a full on cop car it looks to me that the sidesteps are silver....
              100% correct mate, and it was in post #9 in this very thread where I first learnt that all Gen4 models have silver sidesteps! I thought they’d been replaced till I learnt that.

Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 24-05-20, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• gemster
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2012
                • Gold Coast

My Neighbour has an ex-cop Pajero and like you, He is very happy with it. Complete with old sticker markings as well.. He only drives his around town tho. Too good for off-road, he says.....

Where about is the last pic of the campsite at?..... Looks nice...

Gemster....
                YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2017
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by gemster View Post
                  Where about is the last pic of the campsite at?..... Looks nice...[1]:
                  Hey gemster it’s Glen Helen Gorge

Discovery Parks have caravan parks and cabin accommodation across Australia. If you want beachfront accommodation, a national park hideaway or to take the family on an affordable snow holiday,Discovery Parks will have the holiday park of your dreams.

We only have ended up there coz we got to Ormiston Gorge too late and missed out on a camping spot so kept driving and came across this place. Turned out a nicer place to stay anyway as obviously we could see the rock from our campsite, above a waterhole, and it’s floodlit (dimly) at night. And there’s a pub and restaurant etc. Whereas Ormiston Gorge is just a typical Natio Park where the campsites are just in the bush, miles walk from the gorge itself and basic facilities. We just went back and walked into the gorge in the morning.

Comment

• gemster
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • Gold Coast

Cool thanks Heavypizzaz... Its on my list...

Gemster....
                    YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                    And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                    ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• ThatChinskiGuy
                      • Oct 2019
                      • Albion Park

Hey mate. Great write up. Lots of great info and I admire that you decided to show everything good and bad with the Paj. I myself just put a deposit down on an ex police Pajero with 106000 kms on the clock. I noticed they've removed the 3rd row seats so I've got a question for you. Would seats just bolt straight back in?

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2017
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by ThatChinskiGuy View Post
                        Hey mate. Great write up. Lots of great info and I admire that you decided to show everything good and bad with the Paj. I myself just put a deposit down on an ex police Pajero with 106000 kms on the clock. I noticed they've removed the 3rd row seats so I've got a question for you. Would seats just bolt straight back in?

Hi mate, thanks. Re: seats, unfortunately I think there are a few things making seat reinstall fairly tricky. I’ve read that the floor pan at the rear isn’t reinforced in the same way as 7 seaters, plus there are no seatbelts either. You’d have to source those and who knows what else when you pull the trim off. You’d also have to prob get your registration changed from 5 seat to 7 and potentially may need an engineers certificate.

Comment

• ThatChinskiGuy
                          • Oct 2019
                          • Albion Park

Hi mate, thanks. Re: seats, unfortunately I think there are a few things making seat reinstall fairly tricky. I’ve read that the floor pan at the rear isn’t reinforced in the same way as 7 seaters, plus there are no seatbelts either. You’d have to source those and who knows what else when you pull the trim off. You’d also have to prob get your registration changed from 5 seat to 7 and potentially may need an engineers certificate.

Ah fair enough mate. I'll take a closer look at it once I get it home and perhaps venture to the wreckers and see what's available. Thanks for the reply

Comment

• pharb
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Tyers,Vic

I also have an ex Police (Vic) Pajero.

It is a GLX5 model so never had 3rd row seats fitted.

However it does have the quick release mounts for the seat assembly, and cut outs in the upper plastic trim for seat belts, but no seatbelts.

I can't recall how the lower mount for seatbelt was organised. I have gutted the bottom plastic trims to fit compressor and battery right into corners.

From what I have seen on my car all that would be need to turn into 7 seater would be the seat assembly and seatbelts, then an engineer to sign it off.
                            PCOV Member 1107.
                            Daily driver NX GLX
                            Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                            Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                            Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Danzo
                              • Oct 2019
                              • Adelaide

My Ex NSW Police MY16 NX Pajero...
                              I've had an ex-NSW NW for 4 years...I'm the second post-police force owner...no issues whatsoever, been a great car...now approaching 180k

Comment

• redbruce
                                Administrator
                                • Sep 2019
                                • Melbourne

Interestingly a few of the ex police Pajeros (ARB steel bullbars) in the Vic club that have been weighed have all exceeded the max front axle weight of 1330kg with front seats occupied.
                                PCOV Member 1954
                                MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X