• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MorgansPC
    • Feb 2016
    • ACT

Rear diff attempting to engage automatically

Hi all,

Haven’t posted for a while. Welcome back to me.

This afternoon I was driving from Canberra to Nowra. Sealed roads the whole way, moderate rain most of the way.

About half an hour out of Nowra the rear diff lock tried to engage it self. The indicator light started flashing and the ABS/TC lights turned on indicating they were disengaged, as they should when the diff lock is engaged.

I was driving about 90kph in 4H.

After about 30 seconds all the lights turned off and it appeared everything was normal. About 30 seconds later though, on came all the lights again.

I pulled over shut down the car and restarted (that always works, right?) and same thing.

I drove to my destination and it continued the whole way. While driving at 80/90 everything felt fine, I was happy the TC was still working and that diff lock wasn’t engaged as Cornering at any speed felt normal.

I also changed from 4H to 2H to see what happened. This had no effect.

When I arrived I had to park in a tight spot and had to reverse a little. Different story here, it certainly felt as though the diff was trying to lock

Has anyone experienced this before. Tried to search the forum and couldn’t find much.

Cheers

M
    PC Challenger MY2104. MT. Silver. The Ultimate Suspension (Lovells coils/spring, heavy duty front, medium duty rear with Aussie Ryder struts/shocks),TJM bullbar, TJM 9,500lb winch, safari snorkel, genuine towbar.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by MorgansPC View Post
    Hi all,

Haven’t posted for a while. Welcome back to me.

This afternoon I was driving from Canberra to Nowra. Sealed roads the whole way, moderate rain most of the way.

About half an hour out of Nowra the rear diff lock tried to engage it self. The indicator light started flashing and the ABS/TC lights turned on indicating they were disengaged, as they should when the diff lock is engaged.

I was driving about 90kph in 4H.

After about 30 seconds all the lights turned off and it appeared everything was normal. About 30 seconds later though, on came all the lights again.

I pulled over shut down the car and restarted (that always works, right?) and same thing.

I drove to my destination and it continued the whole way. While driving at 80/90 everything felt fine, I was happy the TC was still working and that diff lock wasn’t engaged as Cornering at any speed felt normal.

I also changed from 4H to 2H to see what happened. This had no effect.

When I arrived I had to park in a tight spot and had to reverse a little. Different story here, it certainly felt as though the diff was trying to lock

Has anyone experienced this before. Tried to search the forum and couldn’t find much.

Cheers

M

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X