• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
    yep...bought 20 litres (4 x 5 litre cans) ...$120....Mongrels only had 4 bottles available... I was first in the store on the opening sale day. Chap reckons no more in stock...sounds like a con job to me..
    lucky you got 4 --- they only let me buy 2 ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
      lucky you got 4 --- they only let me buy 2 ...

I preordered and paid on line. Picked them up and went to another store nearby and then came back and got the last 2.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• jimiw
        • Jan 2017
        • Brisbane

did it!

Did it yesterday, very proud of myself! 18 months ago I knew nothing about cars except they had wheels and engines. Pretty easy but probs should have heated up a little more before i drained. Removed turbo hose e.t.c as that guy in the video must have had tiny hands and arms to get in there without moving it!

Next step fuel filter but haven't checked when it was last done.

2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by jimiw View Post
          Did it yesterday, very proud of myself! 18 months ago I knew nothing about cars except they had wheels and engines. Pretty easy but probs should have heated up a little more before i drained. Removed turbo hose e.t.c as that guy in the video must have had tiny hands and arms to get in there without moving it!

Maybe time to invest in a notebook and keep track of the date and the work you did on the car. Also write the mileage and date on the fuel filter just as a reminder.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Giddyup
            • Oct 2013
            • Melbourne

Feels good doing something a dealer would have charged you $400+ for, and you probably did a better job.

Next time ignore the video and take it out through the wheel well as recommended previously.

Hope you changed the washer on the sump plug too, don't think the video mentioned that either.
            MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• jimiw
              • Jan 2017
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Giddyup View Post
              Feels good doing something a dealer would have charged you $400+ for, and you probably did a better job.

Next time ignore the video and take it out through the wheel well as recommended previously.

Hope you changed the washer on the sump plug too, don't think the video mentioned that either.
              why the wheel well? It was easy to remove the turbo hose and get straight to it. Wouldn't the wheel well require removing the wheel or putting it on ramps? I fail to see the advantage the way I did it took 10 minutes

yes changed washer.
              2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• cookie9
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2014
                • Central Coast NSW

why the wheel well? It was easy to remove the turbo hose and get straight to it. Wouldn't the wheel well require removing the wheel or putting it on ramps? I fail to see the advantage the way I did it took 10 minutes

yes changed washer.
                Full right hand lock and unclip the rubber flap and the oil filter comes straight out. Personally I prefer not to disturb major hoses if given another easy option..
                2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• Giddyup
                  • Oct 2013
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by cookie9 View Post
                  Full right hand lock and unclip the rubber flap and the oil filter comes straight out. Personally I prefer not to disturb major hoses if given another easy option..
                  What cookie said. Much faster to undo a plastic clip and fold the rubber flap out of the way than take the hose off. It's how the dealer service monkeys do it.
                  MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

x2 ... that's how we do it in the workshop ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Rexxo
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Western Australia

...and avoid the possibility of crap dropping into your intake... try it in 3 months time and let us know which is easier and quicker...
                      2012 PB LS Auto: Sold

Comment

• Last Mohican
                        • Mar 2016
                        • Sydney

Also....Do yourself a favour and buy extra Scrivets as well as 14mm sump washers.
                        December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)

Comment

• mudguard1
                          • Nov 2012
                          • Sanctuary Point

O.K. Had a look under the front wheel and see the rubber sheet and two large plastic clips , one at the bracket holding the brake line and the other on the Chassis rail .
                          What is the best way of releasing them so u don't destroy them .
                          White 2012, Automatic base model, full alloy front Bar , bonnet protect, headlight protect, rear park sensors, rear dust deflector , 3 tonne tow bar, window tint, floor mats, alloy spare wheel. Tow a 2 tonne poptop caravan with HR load levellers .

Comment

• Kingbrown
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • Port Augusta - SA

Look closely and you'll see a pair of notches on the perimeter of the clip.

Get a small screwdriver and insert it into one of the notches and this will allow you to pry out the centre part of the clip.

Once the centre part is out then the outer part will easily pull out.
                            2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• mudguard1
                              • Nov 2012
                              • Sanctuary Point

O.K. Did it . That easy don't know why I asked .
                              White 2012, Automatic base model, full alloy front Bar , bonnet protect, headlight protect, rear park sensors, rear dust deflector , 3 tonne tow bar, window tint, floor mats, alloy spare wheel. Tow a 2 tonne poptop caravan with HR load levellers .

Comment

• amec
                                Valued Member
                                • Mar 2015
                                • Wamberal

Yep
                                PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X