Below Nav Bar

Collapse

How much movement in driveline is normal (transmission mounts?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

How much movement in driveline is normal (transmission mounts?)

Hi all, hope everyone on here has been well

I've had a noise in the car for the last 18 months or so that's been driving me crazy. Vibration/rumble at idle. Had it looked at a few times to no avail and Mitsubishi very kindly changed the engine mounts for good measure at my request after reading a few threads on here (no improvement). Handing it over for a week next week to hopefully try and get it sorted once and for all but thought I'd have another poke around under the car to try and isolate anything that looked out of the ordinary to try and help.

To me as a layperson there seems to be an awful lot of movement in the driveline at the transmission mounts. How much movement is normal? See below video.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also found I was missing a couple of the plastic plugs that hold the fuel tank cover on which won't be helping as it makes a racket when you tap on it. I'll be so grumpy I missed this in the past if it proves to be this haha.
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Found some videos I took a few months ago of the car idling. Noise happens at low idle (when RPM drops).

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Gday mate.
      Just saw your post and watched the video after having the exact same issue. To me, and I'm no mechanic, that seems to be way too much movement and I can shake mine around just as much.
      I've noticed too a slight clunk when changing gears which drives me nuts and vibrations at low revs..
      Did you end finding a solution?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X