• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craigw
    • Feb 2011
    • sydney

flashing centre diff light

Hi , anyone had issues with flashing centre diff lock light , 4wd no problem, just flashes when centre diff engaged , manual transmission with 90k on the clock
    2011 Ls Manual , Cooper ST 265/70/17 , Tough Dog Suspension, Safari Snorkel
    2018 Pajero Sport GLS 5 Pirelli scorpion ATR plus 265/65 18
  • itsamitsi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2015
    • Hervey Bay Queensland

I think it's trying to tell you it should be engaged but it's not. When they are in the process of locking or unlocking they flash. If it remains flashing you have a problem.
    Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Kingbrown
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2012
      • Port Augusta - SA

Is it not a purely mechanical system that locks the centre diff in the Challenger (ie no vacuum actuators) ?

In which case it would be a fault in a position sensing switch or a wiring/connector fault that is causing the discrepancy.

Happy to be corrected if my understanding is off track.
      2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• XLS PB Challenger
        • May 2016
        • Reynella East

Originally posted by craigw View Post
        Hi , anyone had issues with flashing centre diff lock light , 4wd no problem, just flashes when centre diff engaged , manual transmission with 90k on the clock
        When I had this problem, i had broken the wires on the diff support arm (not sure of its technical name !) in front of the diff. The wires hangs fairly low so they can be easily caught and snapped on something. I then reroute the wires higher to stop it happening again.

Cheers
        Paul
        2010 PB Challenger Auto - 265/60/18 Dick Cepek - MCC front bar - 9 inch LED kings spot lights- Safari Snorkel - 2 inch lift - REDARC BMS1230 Manager & REDARC TVMS - AUX battery in custom tray behind cargo trim - Jump start feature - 3inch Triton exhaust - morepower diesel chip - bash plates - 9.5 XP winch - Auto front locker - Automate - RV meter.

Comment

• craigw
          • Feb 2011
          • sydney

Hi .Thanks .was that the rear diff .thought the centre diff would be near the transfer case

Comment

• craigw
            • Feb 2011
            • sydney

Interesting .disconnected the battery yesterday .after reconnecting now the centre diff light stays lit .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X