• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHEVERO
    • Apr 2011
    • GOLD COAST

Gearbox mods NH Pajero

Hi all, first time on forum. Have owned NH Pajero since 95 & love everything about it. Done some great & wonderfull things to it over the years such as fitting an Eaton Gen II M90 Super charger. My latest project was to prove to all out there that said to me that it is not possible to fitt a LS1 350 Chev motor to the Beast. Well it is & running great. However i need a little help with the gearbox side of things. Im finding that the gears could be a bit shy of the new approx 200kw of extra power. Im trying to find someone that deals with new Gears or Modified to suit this Gearbox, any help would be appreciated. Ill look forward in speaking to you guys in relation to all my experiences with the new modified beast. Thanks Ray
  • Wiseowl
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by CHEVERO View Post
    Hi all, first time on forum. Have owned NH Pajero since 95 & love everything about it. Done some great & wonderfull things to it over the years such as fitting an Eaton Gen II M90 Super charger. My latest project was to prove to all out there that said to me that it is not possible to fitt a LS1 350 Chev motor to the Beast. Well it is & running great. However i need a little help with the gearbox side of things. Im finding that the gears could be a bit shy of the new approx 200kw of extra power. Im trying to find someone that deals with new Gears or Modified to suit this Gearbox, any help would be appreciated. Ill look forward in speaking to you guys in relation to all my experiences with the new modified beast. Thanks Ray
    Hi All
    Would you tell me how hard was it to fit the 350 chevi and do you have some pics as well please. What do you need to do the job and is it Transport compliant.
    Cheers
    kev
    Last edited by Wiseowl; 26-04-11, 07:23 PM.
    Formerly 1998 NL Pajero Sold*******
    2007 BF MK11 302 BOSS GT VK4LQ

Comment

• Papaskidz
      • Jun 2009
      • Eastside, Hobart Tas

Pics of the conversion
      If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

• MightyMits
        • Mar 2010
        • Pakenham, Vic

hey,
        i would love to see some pics. what sort of price did the conversion cost?
        Current Vehicles
        2005 Mitsubishi NP Pajero Exceed
        2" Bilstein shocks and lovell springs
        35x12.5R17 Nitto Trail Grappler on 17x8 10p DShape Steelies
        2005 Mitsubishi 380 VRX (The Wifes)
        Lowered on 19" Nitto Invos

Previous Vehicles
        -1985 Range Rover - 4" Lift on 35" Bfg Km2s
        -1992 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB - SASd airbagged on 35" Bfg Km2s
        -1996 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB - 2" Lift, 2" Body on 35" Bfg Km2s

Comment

• 03gallagherj
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2009
          • South Coast NSW Batemans Bay

Yeah im also keen to see some pictures

not sure about the Gbox though??? you might have to look into getting a different box for it? but i know Pajeros have a pretty tough box.

A common conversion when doing hilux v8's is to put in a toyota Dyna gearbox so maybe there is something similar to that for a pajero that people have done???
          Currently:
          1995 2.8 TD NJ Paj Running 33x11.5x15 Maxis Bighorns, Lokka, GQ Coils, torsions wound up, Tough Dogs All around, Steel Racks With Cage, Awning, Steel winch bar, 9,500lbs Winch, Safari Snorkel, 2x130w IPF's (1 spread, 1 spot), 150L Long range fuel tank, ASIN Hubs and Sliders
          Coming:
          Storage Drawers, 33" BFG KM2's

Comment

• mr moose
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2011
            • vic, mornington peninsula

You might be able to get some info on better gears from marks 4wd adapters in dandenong. I have never actually used them but they have ads in 4wd action and an article in one of the latest dvds.
            96' NK 3.5 DOHC LWB, extractors, dual batteries, ARB winch bar and SCA 9500 winch, reverse camera, spotties and lots more to come.
            Look at me

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2000
              • Tasmania

yeah pics please, you know what they say 'without pics it didnt happen' !
              NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
              NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• ETHER_ONE
                • Sep 2010
                • Country Vic

Turbo 700

Comment

• shovel
                  • Aug 2010
                  • tas

hi done a few chevy swaps, why bother 4 a pajero, if any commadore, more power, and easier

Comment

• bakerboy
                    "valued 3000+ member"
                    • May 2008
                    • Perth

Why not? Plenty of power and torque
                    If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• khoshar
                      • Oct 2011
                      • Christchurch, New Zealand

Originally posted by shovel View Post
                      hi done a few chevy swaps, why bother 4 a pajero, if any commadore, more power, and easier
                      Would love to see a commodore go through a mud bog, thats why I would choose the pajero conversion

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2000
                        • Tasmania

according to the Marks Adaptors site, they do an adaptor for the TH700 & 4L60e to the Pajero transfer case

NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                        NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• lewis84
                          • May 2010
                          • NSW

Originally posted by shovel View Post
                          Huh? He already has the chev in? Have you considered going auto? The T700 is widely renowned as one of the finest autos ever built, and with a decent kit put through it I imagine your pajero would be a wicked drive!
                          Cheers, chris
                          94 NJ, MODS: Auto conversion, 1/4 chop, custom front and rear bar, 2" lift, 33x12.5" hankooks, rear sway bar removed, HID headlights, HID nite stalker 200's, rear LED work lights, red arc dual battery system, tekonsha primus brake controller, UHF, gps running ozi explorer and hema maps, suspension seats, power windows, DVD players, rhino racks holding shovel, high lift, awning, PVC rod holder and alloy basket

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X