• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dazza1
    • Jun 2014
    • Youngs Siding

Suspension and tyres

Hi everyone,this is a great forum! I have already learnt so much.
    I have a brand new NW GLX-R Pajero. I have had a redarc dual battery system installed, pedders adjustable air suspension, mitsubishi bull bar, rhino awning, rhino roof racks, redarc towpro trailer brake contoller, safari snorkell, extreme sports spotlights and a mitsubishi tow hitch. We will be towing a WA made followme campertrailer and heading up north of WA. We live on the south coast of WA. We are heading up to Karajini and the Gibb River road area . We have about 4 months. At the moment we have stock standard suspension and tyres. What sort of tyres and suspension do any of you knowledgeable people recommend or should we just keep it as it is?
  • mk2grimace
    • Feb 2013
    • Benalla, Victoria

First and foremost, welcome to the forum! It is a great resource and place to encourage spending all your money on toys

This post really belongs in the 'Where The Rubber Hits The Road' section, but straight up Bilstein shocks with Lovells or King Springs. You'll be a long way from home to get replacements for poor quality shocks. Get in touch with Keiron from Bushskinz (through the forum commercial advertisers), he can set you up with underbody protection as well as suspension. Tyres? Have a look in the above mentioned section, there's a sticky on AT tyres which should help along with various recommendations. For the sort of work you are doing, stick to the reputable brands and go for the highest available load rating...
    2001 NM 2.8TD GLS Pajero, ARB bar, 9000lb Tmax winch, Airtec snorkel, GME UHF, breathers, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, rear storage, Ebay HID's, King EHD lift, LED lighting, dual battery kit, bushskinz intercooler/sump guards, narva +120 globes, tigerz awning, Exedy HD SMF clutch/flywheel kit, pinstriping aplenty...

To do list: Locker, sliders, transmission guard, blah blah blah....

Comment

• Dazza1
      • Jun 2014
      • Youngs Siding

Thanks for all that advice. I had a look at the suspension and tyres section and found that also very helpful. There are some very interesting people here. I am having a difficult time finding my way around, but thanks again for your help. I'll try a copy and paste into the right section and see how I go

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X