• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan_rocks
    • Dec 2009
    • Perth Hills

2005 mk body lift.

Im considering doing a body lift on my triton. I tried to do a search on here, but for some reason the search function is not working.
    I have been told that it may be a bad idea because my dual cab is fitted with airbags.
    Is this true? anyone done it on an srs equipped triton?
    also curious if it is a simple lift? I have done it previously on my nissan terrano, which i had to drill a few holes in the floor to get to some bolts, but other than that was simple.
    Im thinking of doing 50mm lift, would this require any mods? ie drop radiator etc?
    any advice from guys that have done it?
    Cheers
    Dan.
  • pajman
    • Jan 2008

Dan rock, when i used to own my triton which was a MK 05 GLS I did the suspension and the then the bodylift of 50mm and whilst I will say that it look great and if I check I am sure the I will have some photos I will post them and still today I see the car in Lilydale Vic. Getting back to - the only majoe mods that I had to do was the brake lines and then lift the rear step and front bar. I did not have to lift the radiator from memory. I used 50mm alloy blocks. The ride change dramatically as the felt the triton was narrow track and top heavy when the lift was done, even noticed the difference on the dirt but for overall increase in 4x4 it did nothing.

Cheers Pajman
    SOLd NS GLX, 3.2 DID, MANUAL, ARB BAR, IPF SPOTLIGHTS X 4, REAR STORAGE SHEVLES, DVD, SAT NAV, OME 2 inch lift, Dual Battery and roof racks
    wishing :

Now driving

Mazda BT50, bullbar, spotlights, light bar and need so spend more.......

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X