• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 02-SR5
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • Toowoomba

Help pls

We were driving from Toowoomba to the Gold Coast.

Going up a slight incline at 100kph, I lost all power.

The check engine came on and the ACS came on too.
    I managed to pull off the side of the road. I checked under the bonnet, temp gauge normal and no other faults.

I let it sit for a bid then drove slowly to the next servo. We let is sit for 20 minutes and checked water and oil. All was good. The. We continued to our holiday and everything was fine except for the check engine light is still on.
    Am I able to reset the check engine light?

We are on holidays at Tallabuggera, can anybody provide any advice?
    My number is 0400 428 547. Feel free to txt me if you can offer any advice.
    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.
  • 02-SR5
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • Toowoomba

Thanks to OJ, looks like the auto played silly buggers on me, going up a hill, 100kph, sport mode on the auto, 4th hear, right hand lane, trucks behind me, on the Warrigo Highway.
    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

No worries Rob.

Further thoughts,
      1. Can you check if cruise control will function.
      2. Test gear changes in "D" are smooth and happening as normal (without the camper hitched up).
      3. Check with engine running that ASC "OFF" switch is functioning correctly.

cheers, OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• mitsa
        • May 2014
        • Brisbane

Mine to

2 weeks back coming back from camping at double island point my 2010 XLS auto did the same thing - shite myself as was doing 110K's down the highway in the centre lane towing the camping trailer with a semi up my butt when it lost all power - luckily I was able to get across & stop on the side of the highway - had the same lights etc come on as you - turned it off & lifted the bonnet - nothing obvious - turned the car back on & only had the engine warning lamp on - started off again & car still ran ok even at 100K's - took to the mechanic & he ran the scan on it & there were transmission alarms showing - he could not find anything wrong so reset them & I have not had any issue's since - fingers crossed - so don't know what caused it ???
        2010 XLS Auto Challenger - ECUTEK Remap by MRT + KCRR-23 Rear Springs & EFS shocks / Struts + Home made Rear draws + GME TX3120 UHF + Nudge Bar with 22" Light Bar

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Mitsa,

1. Did the gear display on the dash "flash" either "D" or the the "gear" you had selected?
          2. Did the mechanic give you the fault code number?

cheers, OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• mitsa
            • May 2014
            • Brisbane

Hi OJ - was in D but wasn't flashing - mechanic has the codes recorded - he showed me there was quiet a few & they were transmission codes - I am away at work & not home till mid Jan - when home I will see him & get them & send to you
            First time since buying the mitsa new that I actually opened the manual to see what the engine lamp was - LOL - it has been a great reliable wagon just clocking up 80,000 - only had to other issues since new - power steering pipe loose & rotors U/S at 53,000K's - seem to be a common issue from the forum
            2010 XLS Auto Challenger - ECUTEK Remap by MRT + KCRR-23 Rear Springs & EFS shocks / Struts + Home made Rear draws + GME TX3120 UHF + Nudge Bar with 22" Light Bar

Comment

• BMN
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2010
              • Perth WA

Rob had this happen once a couple of years ago under similar conditions towing the camper trailer. After 20min roadside check she was all good except check light, which cleared itself after a couple of days.
              2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• coughy
                Valued Member
                • May 2014
                • Redlands Brisbane QLD

the old limp mode it will reset it self after about 7 or so restarts and be back to normal mine has done it 4 times now same thing

until i clipped the map sensor and now mine doesnt do it
                My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
                New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• fester
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Gympie Qld

Is this the common issue that a flick to neutral and back to drive fixes or not. If not, anyone know if Torque Pro can clear this one.

Comment

• coughy
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2014
                    • Redlands Brisbane QLD

no it cant fester
                    it will clear it self trust me bit annoying but it will eventually
                    My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
                    New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• 4wd26
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

it could be a problem with the larger exhaust and keeping it at high boost pressure for over 45 sec?

ECU don't like it and limps.

can try and vary the accelerator pedal lift off to let the boost pressure drop a fraction every 30 sec, will slow down the speed a bit and feel weird, but the ECU won't/ might not limp.
                      ML triton with some accessories
                      National E Trek Libary
                      Getting Out There

Comment

• shortSteve
                        • Dec 2012
                        • Perth

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
                        We were driving from Toowoomba to the Gold Coast.

Going up a slight incline at 100kph, I lost all power.

The check engine came on and the ACS came on too.
                        I managed to pull off the side of the road. I checked under the bonnet, temp gauge normal and no other faults.

I let it sit for a bid then drove slowly to the next servo. We let is sit for 20 minutes and checked water and oil. All was good. The. We continued to our holiday and everything was fine except for the check engine light is still on.
                        Am I able to reset the check engine light?

We are on holidays at Tallabuggera, can anybody provide any advice?
                        My number is 0400 428 547. Feel free to txt me if you can offer any advice.

ABS light too? Last time the Triton did this was the plug on the back of the fuel rail slightly loose. Took me a replacement fuel filter, Maf sensor clean, SCV replacement and lots of swearing before finding this. ECL will reset after 8 restarts iirc (or maybe 7 as mentioned) so long as fault not repeated. Only kept 2 fault codes (there was another 2, but can't remember) P0192 (rail pressure) and P1272 (pressure limiter malfunction), but seen as yours was towing would go with the auto ecu as likely cause of limp.

Watching with interest...

sS
                        MY13 Triton GLX Dual-Cab
                        twin locked, canopy and racks, bars front and rear, camera and sensors, bashplates and snorkel, lift and 32's, long range tank, ecu tune and exhaust and many many memories...
                        15 PC Challenger, nudge bar, tow bar, arb roof rack, IPF spotties, uhf, lift, 32's on MN GLX alloys, ORS draw system, fridge and slide, arkpak and awning....so far.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X