Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Intercooler hoses-genuine or other options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bilgeboy
    Valued Member
    • May 2011
    • melbourne

Intercooler hoses-genuine or other options?

Ive been taping up my upper (intercooler to manifold) hose with gaffa tapefor a while now. Im pretty good at it but i think i need to replace it now.

First of all, a new genuine one is 180 bucks. No surprises there.
    Have looked at a few options including 50mm silicone elbows and ally pipe cutdown, whichwould work out cheaper, but because the intercooler is mounted to the body not the engine, im concerned that as the engine moves under tourque itll pull the hose off either end.

My question is are there any other manufacturer like gates that make a generic intercooler hose that i can use instead of any of the options i have so far?

$180 is a bit steep but not out of the question
    There are no second hand ones that i have found so far, but there is a good chance ill get another one that is split

I know the pipe needs to flex a bit but it also needs to keep its shape to maintain the induction pressure.

Any suggestions?
    2008 VRX 25TH anniversary with lots of extras
    GONE! 1997 NK Pajero turbo diesel GLX 31" Maxxis bighorns/2'Lift/ARB Winchbar/ warn x9000/ IPF 900 Spots/GME UHF and a Jesus bar.
  • Gareth
    • Nov 2012
    • Adelaide (North)

Mate by the time you get silicon bends and straight pipe with rolled ends and fit it to the car you may as well have bought the genuine part. More joins = more hose clamps = more places for it to fail.

OEM is the way to go IMO for a part such as this
    Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
    Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• Bogger
      Unregistered as asked
      • May 2011

I have a couple of 4m40T here ............... whats your motor ?
      Cheers

Comment

• schnitzel
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Bendigo

Bogger, according to his signature he has an NK so will be the 4m40t
        Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• bilgeboy
          Valued Member
          • May 2011
          • melbourne

Originally posted by Bogger View Post
          I have a couple of 4m40T here ............... whats your motor ?
          Cheers
          Yep 4m40t but not off a delicia they are completely different
          I need to top hose from intercooler to manifold its about 400 mm long with a 90 degree bend on the short end
          If you have one spare that's not split I'm a big fan of yours and want your home number
          2008 VRX 25TH anniversary with lots of extras
          GONE! 1997 NK Pajero turbo diesel GLX 31" Maxxis bighorns/2'Lift/ARB Winchbar/ warn x9000/ IPF 900 Spots/GME UHF and a Jesus bar.

Comment

• Bogger
            Unregistered as asked
            • May 2011

Schnitzel thanks for that and for future reference they don't do the 4D56 after NK model ? ................. have hose (several actually) intercooler to inlet manifold $55 posted from Pajero not Delica .................. don't do Delica parts as to many want to return because they don't fit $55 posted
            If you want pm your number / address and will send bank details
            Cheers
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bogger; 21-03-14, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Downunder35m
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2011
              • Near Melbourne

Quite a few shops now stock the silicone hoses.
              As it is only a simple elbow it can't be too hard to find a suitable one, you might have to cut a bit off or bend it little bit.
              Prices are around 40-50 bucks for the longer elbows and 35 for the shorter ones.
              Also a lot of the wreckers stock good hoses they have taken out.
              If in doubt give Get Wrecked 4X4 in Deer Park a call.
              '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
              Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X