• Show
Clear All
  • Patagonia
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Retrofit ATC/ASC to a 2010 Challenger

Hi all,
    Where I live (Chile) the Challenger comes without these features, does somebody knows if they can be retro fitted?...thinking if its only adding a missing Ecu then it could be possible but probably is much more than that...

Any thoughts welcomed.
    2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
    Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
    31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
    2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!
  • greig
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2010
    • kanwal

Originally posted by Patagonia View Post
    Hi all,
    Where I live (Chile) the Challenger comes without these features, does somebody knows if they can be retro fitted?...thinking if its only adding a missing Ecu then it could be possible but probably is much more than that...

Any thoughts welcomed.
    I would say you could, but the expense and trouble to do it would be such a hassle....just trying to find out what sensors/parts etc would be a minefield !!

Comment

• WogsRus
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2008
      • Hobart Tasmania

If it's like tha Pajero yes, but you need a lot of gear. The wiring loom appears to be thesame for all cars, but things are simply not there to connect to.

My SX4, same as sold in the states, did not coem with TC, i broght an TC ecu and a swithc and the booster accumulator, and hay presto TC up and running.

So it is possible
      HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
      "Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Comment

• psproule
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Googong, NSW

Patagonia - if yours has ABS then it probably isn't too hard.Chances are that the looms are already there. You would need the TC/ASC ECU, some fuses, the gyro, maybe some lamps and hope that the factory ECU has the firmware to talk to it.
        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Uncle Fester
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2007
          • Boambee East NSW

What is a gyro and if my NM exceed has ABS could I update it to get TC as well??
          NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• Patagonia
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2009
            • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Supose the Gyro refers to the Gyroscope that measures movement and orientation (mechanical ones where a free spinning wheel, now they are electronic I think)...its needed for ASC.

Good info, then in theory it can be done...most difficult part (besides cost and buying the parts probably) would be how know exactly which parts are missing...think is to much for me .

I don´t even own a Challenger (SWB NL 3.5) but want to move to newer and diesel but the NT it much pricier than the Challenger here (starting US$ 44.000 v/s US$32.000). Also the Challenger is roughly 4.7 meters long giving me more extra cargo space without going to the full size...drawbacks are only 2 Airbags and the ASC/ATC issue...it has ABS thankfully hehehe

regards
            2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
            Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
            31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
            2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X