• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doowrag
    • Jun 2008
    • Gympie Qld

Auxillary Battery Options Under Bonnet

Hi all,

My Aux battery has died and i'm looking for a replacement. I'd like to go deep cycle but i'm extremely limited due to size constraints. Current battery is not deep cycle and is 230L x 170W x 185H (excluding terminals). Terminals are very close to bonnet when closed so cant go any higher.

Anyone else using this dual battery tray and found a decent battery to fit?

Attached Files
    2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...
  • DanMelSA
    • Jan 2009

you can fit a smaller (in size) optima red top at the rear, as the primary and fit a larger AGM in front position

Comment

• Doowrag
      • Jun 2008
      • Gympie Qld

Unfortunately mine are wired the other way around and its too hard to change the wiring
      2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

I've got an 89ah deep cycle in the aux spot which runs a fridge well, even when I have it as a freezer. It does need charging each day in that mode but my solar panels take care of that if we aren't on the move.

If you do run a deep cycle, you'll need a decent charging system to keep it topped up. The alternator on its own won't cut it.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Doowrag
          • Jun 2008
          • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
          I've got an 89ah deep cycle in the aux spot which runs a fridge well, even when I have it as a freezer. It does need charging each day in that mode but my solar panels take care of that if we aren't on the move.

If you do run a deep cycle, you'll need a decent charging system to keep it topped up. The alternator on its own won't cut it.
          what battery is your aux please Ian

Comment

• Stacho
            • Apr 2018
            • Perth

My aux battery is an 85AH fullriver mounted up against the fire wall but rotated through 90 degrees to the orientation of yours. Fits well. Just means the stuff you have between the aux and the fender would need to get shifted. I’ll try to dig out a photo and figure out how to attach it.

Comment

• Ian H
              Valued Member
              • May 2015
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Doowrag View Post
              what battery is your aux please Ian
              Sorry, it's 86ah not 89. It's an Exide Stowaway, Leisure Cycle. Model LCS24-86.

I like Exide because of the Aus wide warranty if it goes bung but this one is now 16 months old and been over some decent corrugations without any issue.
              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Doowrag
                • Jun 2008
                • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                Sorry, it's 86ah not 89. It's an Exide Stowaway, Leisure Cycle. Model LCS24-86.

I like Exide because of the Aus wide warranty if it goes bung but this one is now 16 months old and been over some decent corrugations without any issue.
                Thanks Ian, height is too much on that one
                I ended up just buying a standard supercharge battery from Autobarn, similar to the one i had in it. The old one lasted just over two years with no problems. This new one has 30 month replacement warranty so we'll see how it goes. Just means i'll have to keep the solar panels handy.

Cheers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X