• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • armara
    • Feb 2009
    • Brisbane

rear park sensor

For the last month or so my rear parking sensor dash light and beep (sound) both come on when I place car in reverse then turn off after 10-15 seconds without touching anything.

It is factory fitted and have no issue for the last 8-9 years

Has anyone else had this problem?

thanks
    NT DiD VRX Black Mica Pearl
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

I had the same symptoms after I ripped off one of the sensors off the rear bumper exiting a rather tight creek.

I suspect one of the sensors is damaged or one of the connectors isn’t getting a good contact.
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Hazpet
      • May 2014
      • Mandurah

G'day Armara.. I had exactly the same with my NW, but while the beeping would stop the dash light remained on. One dealer had 4 or 5 goes at fixing it without success. Took it to Busselton Mitsubishi where I bought the car and they tracked it down to a loose connection in the driver's side rear panel. That's the first place I'd look.
      2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.

Comment

• armara
        • Feb 2009
        • Brisbane

Thanks, I will look at the places you've said.

Comment

• Hazpet
          • May 2014
          • Mandurah

How did you go Armara, did you have any luck
          2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.

Comment

• Doowrag
            • Jun 2008
            • Gympie Qld

Also check your trailer plug connection. I believe the rear sensors are disabled when a trailer is connected so you may have some rubbish in the plug that may be affecting it ?
            2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

• armara
              • Feb 2009
              • Brisbane

Thanks for the help, I noticed the plug behind the wheel carrier was broken into two pieces. I was going away so just pushed it back together and its held up (worked) for the last 2500km driving on the rubbish roads to Mackay and back. I'll have a better look and try to glue it on the weekend if I get a chance. Unfortunately I had repair work done to the whole rear wheel carrier because of being hit, the repairers have taken the cover off many times and probably broke it during one of those times.
              My sensors are factory fitted and do not disengage when I plug the trailer plug into the port.

thanks again

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

Glad to hear you found the issue and thanks for letting the forum know. May help someone down the line.
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Doowrag
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by armara View Post
                  My sensors are factory fitted and do not disengage when I plug the trailer plug into the port.

thanks again

So when you reverse with a trailer on it beeps the whole time?
                  2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

• spot01
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Doowrag View Post
                    So when you reverse with a trailer on it beeps the whole time?
                    There are 2 types of sensor system, fitted by the factory or dealer:

The factory fitted sensors (2 sensors in the wheel carrier & 2 in the bumper) do not stop when a trailer is plugged in, but can be turned off using the dash switch (they reset to on each time you shift out of R, I think). They also have a trailer mode which changes the area they sense to allow for a towbar (refer handbook for instructions).

The dealer fitted genuine MMAL accessory sensors (4 sensors in the bumper) have the switch in the plug base to deactivate when a trailer is plugged in (unsure if they also have a dash switch).

Some cars may also have aftermarket sensors, which may vary.
                    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X