• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Roo Systems Ecu Remap

Recently had Roosystems do a Ecu Remap on our Mitsubishi 2012 Manual Challenger ... went with the touring tune ... asked for better pick up down in the lower rev range and better fuel economy only modification I have done is a straight through muffler. Still running standard H/T 265 65 R17 tyres.

Well have to say I am over the moon with the results
    Just did a return trip to Warwick QLD from Gold Coast ...
    - Load : 3 Adults 1 child and all the gear for the day
    - 8.6L/100km on the way up
    - not measured on the way back, but did a fill before returning &
    used less then a quarter of a tank (probably mostly down hill ).

Now pretty much drive with only about a quarter throttle,
    between 2000RPM-3000RPM, all the torque is there no need to over rev.

They also mentioned it will help with sand/beach driving, in theory by looking
    at the dyno chart this does make sense.

Will keep monitoring

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
  • Toddyh
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Lalor Park, NSW

Am i reading that right that the torque at 1,500rpm pretty much doubled from 150Nm to 300Nm?
    2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
      Am i reading that right that the torque at 1,500rpm pretty much doubled from 150Nm to 300Nm?
      certainly looks that way ... and yes can really feel the difference ...
      2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Toddyh
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Lalor Park, NSW

If that's accurate that's an insane gain.
        Looks like it's showing the standard torque peaked at around 330Nm. Do you have an auto? That would account for 50Nm straight away.
        2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
          If that's accurate that's an insane gain.
          Looks like it's showing the standard torque peaked at around 330Nm. Do you have an auto? That would account for 50Nm straight away.

Manual
          dyno runs done in 4th gear
          Max torque approx 395nm at the wheels.

figures shown by mitsubishi are at the flywheel (as with most manufacturers).
          power lose from the drive line is approx. 15-20%

Last edited by littleriver; 10-03-15, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Giddyup
            • Oct 2013
            • Melbourne

Nice gains pre 2200rpm!

So much for the engine having a laggy turbo.
            MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• littleriver
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Queensland

Originally posted by Giddyup View Post
              Nice gains pre 2200rpm!

So much for the engine having a laggy turbo.
              that's what I could never get my head around ... especially being a variable geometry turbo ...

in saying that I still have a little lag ... but less noticeable ... possibly going a bigger exhaust could help it even more ... for me it's more then enough improvement and money well spent.

Comment

• coughy
                Valued Member
                • May 2014
                • Redlands Brisbane QLD

wow just wow m8 that is a great improvment
                would you recommend and price??
                im thinking of getting a 3" exhaust then getting a chip or a remap.
                so u still have standard exhaust?? except straight through muffler?
                do you have a egt probe?
                My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
                New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• littleriver
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Queensland

Your thoughts OJ ��

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

Originally posted by coughy View Post
                    wow just wow m8 that is a great improvment
                    would you recommend and price??
                    im thinking of getting a 3" exhaust then getting a chip or a remap.
                    so u still have standard exhaust?? except straight through muffler?
                    do you have a egt probe?
                    Roosystems it worked for me ... give them a call and see what they can offer .. i can't see other tunes compare unless run on a dyno to your and the vehicles needs, as each is unique including the customers'......

Their results found the 2.5inch exhaust system to be most beneficial with the 2.5L Motor ...
                    i don't have the egt probe at present. .
                    My mod straight through 2.5 inch muffler. .. even the guys in
                    the muffler shop said 3 inch was suited to larger motors eg.3L and above ....
                    Last edited by littleriver; 10-03-15, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                      Your thoughts OJ ��
                      Is it a ECU Remap or a Chip?

As for the dyno graphs these are more believable than most as the factory power and torque have been measured at the rear wheels at about 75% to 80% of flywheel specs.

Impressive are the gains from 1500rpm to 2400rpm in both power and torque. If the dyno graphs are factual then the drive experience would be completely different

cheers, old Jack.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• littleriver
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Queensland

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                        Is it a ECU Remap or a Chip?

As for the dyno graphs these are more believable than most as the factory power and torque have been measured at the rear wheels at about 75% to 80% of flywheel specs.

Impressive are the gains from 1500rpm to 2400rpm in both power and torque. If the dyno graphs are factual then the drive experience would be completely different

cheers, old Jack.
                        It is a Ecu Remap ....

After work was completed went for a drive with the leading hand (me driving) ... the results spoke for themselves ... I couldn't wipe the grin off my face ... a new lease of life for charlyn...
                        Dyno graph factual

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011

LR,

Why did you go down the ECU remap path rather than a "custom" chip which they also offer?

Will they refresh free of charge when the dealer does a ECU upgrade?

cheers, OJ.
                          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• littleriver
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Queensland

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                            LR,

Why did you go down the ECU remap path rather than a "custom" chip which they also offer?

Will they refresh free of charge when the dealer does a ECU upgrade?

cheers, OJ.
                            I personally thought the Ecu remap was a better option for me,less add ons, less to possibly fail if ever. Although a external chip maybe more accessible and possibly give you different tunes - each to their own 😊

currently they offer 2 free uploads per yr if or when the dealer accidentally over writes your map.

Comment

• old Jack
                              Regular
                              • Jun 2011

Thanks LR,

I did some numbers from the graphs and although the gains in max kW & Nm figures are not that great, the improvement between 1500rpm and 2400rpm is !

cheers, old Jack.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X