X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy A
    • Sep 2010
    • Perth

Yeah I've got the manual as well and getting similar figures (~ 9L/100km). Interestingly, my last tank, which involved some long distance driving, gave me 810 km and it took 60 L to fill the tank. I was pleased with those figures!

Comment

• jimsiron
      • Feb 2010
      • Mildura, gateway to the outback

Originally posted by Andy A View Post
      Yeah I've got the manual as well and getting similar figures (~ 9L/100km). Interestingly, my last tank, which involved some long distance driving, gave me 810 km and it took 60 L to fill the tank. I was pleased with those figures!
      Mine is very similar to Andy approx 9, and can get lower around town then increases on highway, but all up great range.
      regards
      Jimsiron
      2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

• WogsRus
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2008
        • Hobart Tasmania

Those sought of numbers make the V6 in the paj look frugal.
        HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
        "Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Comment

• SticksGlobal
          • Jun 2010
          • Melbourne

I've got an auto LS and have been getting 12.3 to 12.7 over the last three weeks (fill to fill). That's all peak hour city driving, around 45km/day. The best so far was 11.5 for a week which included a short 160km highway run with ARB roof rack basket on. Vehicle has been pretty much empty with just me in it the whole time.

Paul
          PB LS Auto Challenger, ARB deluxe bullbar, ARB alloy roof rack, Ironman 40mm lift, Mickey Thompson ATZ 265/70/17, OEM towbar, BushSkinz

Comment

• paulisok
            • Oct 2009
            • Brisbane North Side

They really need to do something about the auto with its power and fuel consumption. I was keen for a challenger but would not consider until both have been addressed. I get 10.5 out of the paj in all city driving mostly peak.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
            They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel

Comment

• pavloh
              • Aug 2010
              • Sydney

so the general consensus here is that the AUTO pretty much sucks in terms of fuel consumption in comparison to the manual?

Comment

• carl burgess
                • Sep 2010
                • WA

The fact that Mitsubish states 9.8 l/100 km pretty much sucks due to the fact that no one is achieving that figure, can they be held accountable has anyone ever tried to complain.
                2009 MY 10 Challenger 2.5

Comment

• BigBloke65
                  • Aug 2010
                  • SA

Originally posted by pavloh View Post
                  so the general consensus here is that the AUTO pretty much sucks in terms of fuel consumption in comparison to the manual?
                  I think that was clear from the outset, the offical figures being 8.3 vs 9.8 as I recall. Not that anyone should believe official figures anyway!
                  PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• 900canoes
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2008
                    • FNQ

How many with the higher fuel consumption have stock standard vehicles? Bigger dia tyres give a lower milage recording on the odo as well dont they?
                    2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• LukeS
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by paulisok View Post
                      They really need to do something about the auto with its power and fuel consumption. I was keen for a challenger but would not consider until both have been addressed. I get 10.5 out of the paj in all city driving mostly peak.
                      I personally dont have a problem with the power, I think the auto performs quite well. I have a mate with new cruiser TD and another with a new patrol TD (both have some mods) and from 0 to 100km the challenger is quicker then both (by a huge amount over the patrol).. As for the fuel economy it is getting up there but at the same time I really enjoy the car both on and off road so Im not going to complain..
                      Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...

Comment

• BigBloke65
                        • Aug 2010
                        • SA

I agree with the last post. Every time I hit 60 before I know it -even in Granny mode- and have to be careful to be speeding. Very happy with the car!
                        PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• Pearcie
                          BushSkinz 4x4
                          • Nov 2007
                          • Wattagans

I agree when buying a new car it would be nice if they could at least be realistic with their figures and better fuel economy is always a good thing. Just so long as they don't go down the same road as the Prado where the fuel economy got better with the new model but the tank got 30L smaller. At the end of the day between auto and manual though say it costs $20 extra a week in fuel it's not the end of the world just so long as you love your car and can get where you want to go. Biggest frustration for me is range anything over 600km and you can do most trips with out concern, currently in the shorty I get about 450km and it is stressful on a trip but it will have a aux tank by the end of the week to make life less stressful.

The Auto Challenger will be on my list of options when the Mrs decides I am allowed to change vehicle's. With the aftermarket gear that is starting to become available they will make an extremely good touring vehicle.

Cheers,
                          Kieron
                          2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
                          Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• BigBloke65
                            • Aug 2010
                            • SA

I'm sure an aux tank will be available within a few months. I just feel it

Comment

• Ballfyboy
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2007
                              • Brisbane

I feel it to!
                              NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

• JoshF
                                Valued Member
                                • Jan 2008
                                • Brisbane

Originally posted by carl burgess View Post
                                The fact that Mitsubish states 9.8 l/100 km pretty much sucks due to the fact that no one is achieving that figure, can they be held accountable has anyone ever tried to complain.
                                Have you actually asked Mitsubishi under what circumstances it analysed and deuced the fuel comsumption figures it states. I am pretty sure they probably comply with some government procedure and therefore the figures stated are very accurate but only under a specific set of conditions...no relationship to real world use
                                NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                                Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X