• Show
Clear All
  • jimako
    • Jul 2007
    • Hoppers Crossing VIC

How cold is your AC

Hi Guys and Girls

Just wondering if i can get some info on how cold your AC is,
    Maybe if you have a thermometer you can stick in the vent or in front of it and see the temp reading, and also external temp at time of measuring AC temp.

Not sure if mine is cooling as much as it should.
    But i guess if we get a couple of readings from different vehicles we may be able to compare.

Cheers
    2013 MY13 VRX
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Should be approx 4-5 deg c ..

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

If not already done, suggest checking the pollen filter (behind glovebox).
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Brownie
        • Nov 2008
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
        If not already done, suggest checking the pollen filter (behind glovebox).
        x2. Changing out the pollen filter for a new one made a big difference to temperature of my air con. There are a number of after market suppliers that can supply for around $40, its double that price if you go to a mitsi dealer. Heaps of posts about where to find the pollen filter, how to change it and where to buy - search is your friend!
        Sold Pajero NS R SWB 2008
        Replaced with a 2018 Mazda BT50

Comment

• Pajjy_McPajington
          • Jul 2016
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Brownie View Post
          x2. Changing out the pollen filter for a new one made a big difference to temperature of my air con. There are a number of after market suppliers that can supply for around $40, its double that price if you go to a mitsi dealer. Heaps of posts about where to find the pollen filter, how to change it and where to buy - search is your friend!

+1 for this.

This arvo:
          - added a pollen filter to my NP 3.2 Diesel
          - cleaned out the a/c condenser (referred to in the other threads)

Outcome:
          - much ‘fresher’ smelling air (less dusty / mud smell)
          - noticeably colder temp

I bought the cabin / pollen filter for about $50 from Repco, as I wanted to do it straight away. There’s a slightly cheaper link in the other thread, but the filter needs to be shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Seigried
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2016
            • brisbane

Yup a new unclogged filter will help heaps. I got my last one from supercheap on order for $25 from memory.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dalma01
              • Jun 2013
              • Sydney

Same here. New cabin filter $18 blacktown auto parts. Cleaner, colder and very easy to change.

Comment

• jimako
                • Jul 2007
                • Hoppers Crossing VIC

Hey Guys,

My cabin filter was changed at the last service not long ago, i know it was changed because i checked it my self.

On my drive home today, Outside temp 33, i have a mercury thermometer i put down one of the vents and pull it out to read the temp, it shows around 7.
                2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

• littleriver
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Queensland

Originally posted by jimako View Post
                  Hey Guys,

My cabin filter was changed at the last service not long ago, i know it was changed because i checked it my self.

On my drive home today, Outside temp 33, i have a mercury thermometer i put down one of the vents and pull it out to read the temp, it shows around 7.
                  time for a re-gas ... all aircon's in vehicles loose a certain amount of gas ...

NB get them to check for leaks also ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X