• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KEVMASH
    • Feb 2012
    • PALMWOODS QLD

Delo 400 in Nw

Hi all, I just upgraded from an NP to a 2011 NW and want to do a oil and filter change.
    I still have a drum of Delo 400 left over from the NP and would like to know if it would be alright to use in the NW.
    Thanks in advance Kev.
    2003 NP 3.2 DID, 50mm king/bil, ARB bulbar, snorkel, duel batteries, uhf, hid spotties, 70lt down under fridge, 55lt senco fridge, storage unit, roll out awning bushskins sump & trans plates.
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Not sure its the correct oil but happy to stand corrected by those with an NW. According to the Castrol Datateck site an NW should use Castrol Edge or Magnetec. Link below.

Wondering what engine oil is best for you? Look up your vehicle model and find the right fit for your car's engine. Check out our recommendations here.

EDIT......sorry I had a brain fart and searched castrol not caltex.....apologies.
    Last edited by aussieintas; 15-10-17, 02:34 PM.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

There appears to be several different types/specs of Delo 400 - best way is to check the exact specs on your drum & compare to the specs required in the car's handbook. If unsure, most oil manufacturers have good tech support by phone, or post the specs here for advice. Note you need to consider all the codes, eg, A3/B4, CJ, etc., not just 5W40, etc.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Morville
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2008
        • Buxton Vic

The recommended Caltex oil for NW diesel is Havoline fully synthetic 5w-40 which is now called Havoline Prods Fully Synthetic LE Sae 5w-40. The Delo 400 is mineral oil.
        Peter

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

The standard Delo 400 multigrade will work just fine in the NW,
          If you have a different type then check the correct Delo 400 PDS (tyoe delo 400 in the "find by name" field and press enter to search) to be sure it will suit OK.
          Delo 400 is a good oil don't get me wrong, but there are better out there IMO for around the same price point.
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• KEVMASH
            • Feb 2012
            • PALMWOODS QLD

Thanks for that everyone. Just didn't want to waste a drum I already have. Will check castrol site as suggested.
            Cheers Kev
            2003 NP 3.2 DID, 50mm king/bil, ARB bulbar, snorkel, duel batteries, uhf, hid spotties, 70lt down under fridge, 55lt senco fridge, storage unit, roll out awning bushskins sump & trans plates.

Comment

• dhula
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • South of Perth

Delo 400 is a Caltex product, not Castrol
              2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
              2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• KEVMASH
                • Feb 2012
                • PALMWOODS QLD

Originally posted by dhula View Post
                Delo 400 is a Caltex product, not Castrol
                Yep one too many beers haha

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X