Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 27-04-15

SO how do you get the temp of transmission the ultra gauge please?
Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Old 27-04-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
I have the Ultragauge as I prefer the read out face...
I prefer the Ultragauge read out too (larger digits than Scangauge).

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhie View Post
SO how do you get the temp of transmission the ultra gauge please?
I'd like to upgrade to the Ultragauge MX but want someone to confirm it will DEFINATELY do Pajero's auto trans temps before buying one.

rear locker | ARB bullbar | dual battery | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | HID Hella spotties | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | BFG AT's (on 17" NT rims) | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 27-04-15
Valued Member

I use the Engine Watchdog for auto and engine temps..
Old 27-04-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
I prefer the Ultragauge read out too (larger digits than Scangauge).

I'd like to upgrade to the Ultragauge MX but want someone to confirm it will DEFINATELY do Pajero's auto trans temps before buying one.
Why buy another. Use the old one you have for various readouts and get an Engine Watchdog...
Old 27-04-15

This is the custom PID info for the auto trans temp I dug up from a thread somewhere. Only (potentially) works on MX version of ultragauge.

---------------------------
first line is: OBD2 mode and PID(in HEX)
second line is: 2102
third line is: Short name (used in Display)
ie one line is the title following line is the valve
and the equation is f-50
-----------------------------

Member Bloggsy bought the MX back in march last year but I haven’t seen anywhere if he (or anyone else) got the auto trans temp working which I would also like to confirm. Hence the question.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=38040
Old 27-04-15
Valued Member

Also interested if anyone can confirm if it works. I do like the ultragauge display and the less things cluttering the dash the better as my car is a daily driver.

i haven't looked at prices of shipping but pretty sure you can send an old ultra gauge em back and they'll change it software/hardware over to the mx for a small fee. Possibly more cost effective just to buy a new one.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 27-04-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Why buy another. Use the old one you have for various readouts and get an Engine Watchdog...
Three reasons;
1. Minimise the 'accessories' or gauges mounted on the dash.
2. To do what you have suggested would be dearer and less accurate - Engine Watchdog ($169 inc postage) - Ultragauge MX ($85US plus postage).
3. It's what I want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post

Member Bloggsy bought the MX back in march last year but I haven’t seen anywhere if he (or anyone else) got the auto trans temp working which I would also like to confirm. Hence the question.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=38040
on 8/1/15, I sent Bloggsy a PM on this exact topic (to see if he/she got it working with the Pajero). I never got a response so I assume Bloggsy is nolonger a frequenter of the Forum?

EDIT: I just checked Bloggsy's forum home page. They last logged in on 29/1/15. Don't really know what that means???

rear locker | ARB bullbar | dual battery | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | HID Hella spotties | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | BFG AT's (on 17" NT rims) | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 27-04-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
Three reasons;
1. Minimise the 'accessories' or gauges mounted on the dash.
2. To do what you have suggested would be dearer and less accurate - Engine Watchdog ($169 inc postage) - Ultragauge MX ($85US plus postage).
3. It's what I want to do.

on 8/1/15, I sent Bloggsy a PM on this exact topic (to see if he/she got it working with the Pajero). I never got a response so I assume Bloggsy is nolonger a frequenter of the Forum?

EDIT: I just checked Bloggsy's forum home page. They last logged in on 29/1/15. Don't really know what that means???
Fair enough. I just checked the Ultragauge homepage. Seems to have a good support team. Could you possibly send them an e-mail for a definite answer about the Pajero. I think if it was a definite yes they will sell a few more over here.
cheers
Old 27-04-15

I found this in the Ultragauge MX documentation on their website, so it should work.

"The ability to access manufacturer specific parameters is very similar to the X-gauge feature found in ScanGauge™. All Codes which function in ScanGauge™ will function in UltraGauge with minor modifications."

I didn't realise the pajero hasn't been sold in the US for nearly 10 years, explains the lack of info over there, although I'm pretty sure most mits models would be the same, at least the Evoscan webpage seems to suggest that.

One of these would be pretty nice.

http://www.evoscan.com/android-evox-can-obdii
Old 29-04-15

After reading that the scangauge xgauge codes should work on the Ultragauge MX I sent an email to their customer support asking if the following xgauge code for Auto trans temp is applicable to the ultragauge.

TXD: 07E12102
RXF: 032100000000
RXD: 2008
MTH: 00010001FFD8
Name: ATF

This is the response I got which was received within 24 hrs which is also a good sign they support the product.

"To date we are not aware of any code that works on SG that will not work on the Ultragauge MX"

I might just have to bite the bullet and buy one.