Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 15-07-14

Default Bullbar photos! Opposite Lock V ARB

Hey all,

As the thread implies, I'm after photos of the ARB deluxe bar and the opposite lock premium post bar. Trying to decide which to go for. Any pros/cons to either bar would be good too

My initial thoughts are I'd probably go a black bar, but I have no idea how that would look with these designs. Has anyone got this style in black? I reckon colour coded to ironbark would look a bit stupid personally.
Fitted: Mickey T STZs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Premium Post Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Warn XD9000 Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 15-07-14
Valued Member

A few pics of my NW with Black ARB Deluxe bar. I chose the black rather than the colour coded purely on personal taste.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 15-07-14
Valued Member

TC, I agree a colour coded bar would not look that good on your new Paj. Personally, I think the black would look fine; breaks it up a bit.

As to which bar..... I have a arb one, but I do think they look a bit agricultural & the loop bar does look nicer imo, but I think the loop bar protudes out a little more than the ARB one.

MUD SUCKS.

Last edited by allanmac; 15-07-14 at 03:50 PM.
Old 15-07-14

OL Premium Post Bar

They are supplied in Black Powdercoat this one has been colour coded

OL 3 Loop Premium Bar

Not a great photo but gives you an idea
I have the 3 Loop bar on my NS i will take a decent pic for you tomorrow

Old 15-07-14
Valued Member

Chris (NFT5) has the Opposite Lock post bar colour coded and it looks awesome.

Mine is an Opposite Lock loop bar, I know it's not what you're after but I'll post up some pics anyway. If you want any more specific details just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Front detail

Plenty of room to access a winch
Old 15-07-14

Thanks Troy saved me a job
Old 15-07-14
Valued Member

Opposite Lock, Premium Post

I remember how hard the choice was. In the end I thought the OL offered a bit better clearance under the wings and, of course, it was significantly cheaper. No difference in quality that I could see, if anything the OL was maybe slightly better finished. Design similar - just depended on preference for the foglights. Have fun making your decision.

I vote for the colour coding. With this design it just adds so much class.

Last edited by NFT5; 15-07-14 at 07:08 PM.
Old 15-07-14

Thanks guys, that gives me much more information to work with

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFT5 View Post
Opposite Lock, Premium Post

I reckon this'll be the go, looks good and I prefer the antenna mounting locations on the OL bar to the ARB one. Any issues with quality? Also I see you are running fyrlyts for your driving lights, I was thinking of possibly getting these. How do you find them?
Fitted: Mickey T STZs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Premium Post Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Warn XD9000 Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 15-07-14

What about a tjm t13 bar.anyone have a photo of these at all?
Old 15-07-14
Valued Member

See edit comments in previous post re quality. I see plenty of bullbars at work and the OL stand out. Fitting was fairly straightforward with just a little fiddling to get the mounts aligned just right.

Fyrlyts are an awesome light. Great spread and good range. Rock solid mounting too.