Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 06-06-14

Spoke to MM in Heidelberg yesterday when I booked a 15,000 service on the VRX (at a capped price $395). They have the upgrade and have started installing it as vehicles roll in - its the SD card version. Regarding cost - apparently there are 3 complimentary upgrades, so its free for me at least.
The service manager didnt know what was in the upgrade. Im hoping for a greatly reduced boot up time, deletion of the 'read me' screen as well as map upgrades! What are the chances??
Chris
Old 06-06-14

Default Ha Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowgum View Post
deletion of the 'read me' screen
LOL
At least it is not a Volvo where you have to use the remote control to accept the terms everytime. But then you can use the touch screen for everything else.
Old 09-06-14

anyone who has a letter from mm confirming a free map upgrade for sd card for free maps can you send me a copy to anhandalice@bigpond.com. I spoke to zupps and they have knowledge of this
Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Old 10-06-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulq00 View Post
Does the VRX Gps have spoken street names?
How does it compare to say TomTom/ Navman etc?
Apparently lots to hate about early MM GPS touch screens/ ipod / bluetooth systems, are the newer ones good,? OK,? terrible?

Hi Paulq00,

I tested this the other night, no spoken street names but it does speak some things such as "Stay on the M4".

I've not used TomTom or Navman recently as I found them both lacking compared to Garmin. I still run a Garmin 3790 in my Pajero as it has traffic monitoring and lifetime map updates...

Cheers,
Karl
Old 10-06-14

spoke yo mm customrr support and they confirm a free upgrade for sd card fpr mms upgrade is FREE
Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Old 11-06-14
Valued Member

I confirmed with Mitsubishi dealer at Castle Hill today that free update is available. Guy on counter didn't know anything, but when I queried further he asked the boss who confirmed that they had received them and that all I needed to do was book in.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4
Old 13-06-14

Angry GPS Unit

I still use the tom tom as it is easier to use on busy streets. With the MMCS you have to take you eyes off the road. Very bad.
Old 13-06-14
Valued Member

Had my upgrade today - not much difference from what I can see, still a hopeless system compared to others.
NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, SensaTyre TPMS, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 AT3 Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, Lightforce Genesis 50W HID Driving Lights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System.
Old 13-06-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowgum View Post
Spoke to MM in Heidelberg yesterday when I booked a 15,000 service on the VRX (at a capped price $395). They have the upgrade and have started installing it as vehicles roll in - its the SD card version. Regarding cost - apparently there are 3 complimentary upgrades, so its free for me at least.
The service manager didnt know what was in the upgrade. Im hoping for a greatly reduced boot up time, deletion of the 'read me' screen as well as map upgrades! What are the chances??
Chris
Hi yes the updates are here and it is only 2 free updates for i think 2 years and the only way to get them is through a dealer as they need to put in your cars vin number and other details to get a password to be able to down load the new update and once it has been done twice it can't be done again through mit's dealership , but that's not to say you can get them from the map web site but then it will cost you.
Old 14-06-14

I requested the map update with my 15000 km service (MY14 VRX purchased October 2013) last Thursday, but forgot to check what map version I had before the update. Dealer says the update was done, and the service report says it was done, but I've just checked the version in the MMCS and it shows 2013-A. Doesn't sound like an update to me! Has anyone else had the update and checked the version (or does anyone that hasn't had the update know what their current version is)? Maybe they just re-installed the old version

NW Pajero VRX MY14 DiD. MM tow bar, Spare wheel lift, Rear Anderson Plug & 2nd fridge outlet, 2" lift Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, AirbagMan airbags, ARB Combar Bullbar, Side awning, Clearview Mirrors (Black), Rear drawers (Titan),

Last edited by rowser; 15-06-14 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Add signature