Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 13-05-14
Banned

The back door is bloody heavy.

Probably needs the lock on the strut.

I should imagine a strut without the lock maybe the size of a shock absorber with no lock.
Old 13-05-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaipan View Post
The back door is bloody heavy.

Probably needs the lock on the strut.

I should imagine a strut without the lock maybe the size of a shock absorber with no lock.
Yeah figured as much. Be interesting to see if we can come up with a better solution though. Sounds like they are prone to breakage. Anyone tried to retrofit the old design? Is it even possible? Wonder if you could just find a gen3 at the wreckers and nab that.
Fitted: Mickey T STZs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Premium Post Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Warn XD9000 Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 13-05-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
Wonder if you could get one that will hold whatever position you stop moving the door in?
That's how mine works - without doing anything at all. Don't know how it would go in a strong wind or a steep slope though - haven't had to find out yet.

(2014 GLXR)

Cheers,
Old 13-05-14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ5023 View Post
That's how mine works - without doing anything at all. Don't know how it would go in a strong wind or a steep slope though - haven't had to find out yet.

(2014 GLXR)

Cheers,

Yours probably has a lock system you have to activate on a slope or in wind same as the NS and NT.
Old 15-05-14
Valued Member

So the upshot mitsubishi are unwilling to put in writing the wind speed at which you can't operate the lock, so as a sign of good faith, they are replacing the strut under warranty
2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana
Old 16-05-14
Valued Member

Well done, mine goes in on monday. Very Suprised they replaced mine, it snapped at the lock part in the wind.
Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476
Old 19-05-14
Retired Senior Member

Default Rear door strut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
Well car went down to mitsu dealer and warranty was denied as expected,
I have now spoken and written to mitsubishi for further information including the wind speed threshold at which I can't open the rear door, and why it isn't stated in the handbook, watch this space
I am up to my third strut. I try very hard not to use the lock mechanism as it results in a bent shaft. My first strut WAS replaced under warranty. But not my more recent one.
Silver 08 NS Dieso DiD Auto "Platinum Edition": ARB Bullbar, dual battery and compressor: Airtek snorkel: Milford Cargo Barrier: GME TX3220: 40mm OME lift & OME gas shocks: Engel: BFG's: Under body guards and rear bar from Bushskinz. Triple battery setup with AGM under rear floor charged with Redarc SmartStart DC-DC charger: Home made removeable drawer unit: DIG Options in-dash Infotainment, GPS and reversing camera unit. Long Range Fuel Tank.
Old 19-05-14
Valued Member

I'm on my second strut. It was 'missing' when I bought the car so I put one on which lasted all of 3 months until I tried to close the door and bent it. Second one is going strong because I don't use the lock anymore.
Old 19-05-14
Valued Member

I think the trick to this is don't use the strut lock, it's what I will be doing
2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana
Old 19-05-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
I think the trick to this is don't use the strut lock, it's what I will be doing

Is the strut lock different on NS 2 NW I thought it would be the same