Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 01-10-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Cant see any photos....
Hmm that's weird they show up on Firefox but not on Chrome

Link to Album-https://goo.gl/photos/JvtsBvFvVGMxVpkP8

Cheers,
Jim.
Old 23-10-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
Hmm that's weird they show up on Firefox but not on Chrome

Link to Album-https://goo.gl/photos/JvtsBvFvVGMxVpkP8

Cheers,
Jim.
Hello Jim

I am wondering how the instal of the Provent finished up.

I am looking for a complete kit as I too don't want to muck about drilling holes and making brackets etc.

Cheers
Old 23-10-15

looks like a decent kit.
Try to do something with the provent output hose though looks like a fairly decent kink, i think a length of straight hose would probably give a better finish, unless its just the angle of photo?
Old 24-10-15

Hey guys I blocked my EGR some 4-5 years ago on my np but I dont have a catch can do I need one my paj is on 366K now
Old 24-10-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Hey guys I blocked my EGR some 4-5 years ago on my np but I dont have a catch can do I need one my paj is on 366K now
I think you should have put the catch can on when new.The oil breather hose that goes from the rocker cover to the air intake pipe just after the air filter returns that vapour to return into the inlet manifold which then cakes up like you wouldn't believe.I believe after 366,000 km it will soon need a removal and clean.If that clean up happens then I would recommend fitting a oil catch can.
Old 25-10-15

So what do you think would cost to have the inlet manifold cleaned and how would I know when it's ? Thanks in advance
Old 27-10-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
So what do you think would cost to have the inlet manifold cleaned and how would I know when it's ? Thanks in advance
I believe the car sensors will pick up the problem and your car may go into limp mode but other members will add to this thread if they have experienced this problem .I removed the inlet manifold on my previous Pajero at approx 350,000 km and the inside was 3/4 caked on with very hard buildup of the oil.
I did read somewhere on this forum the cost to have a mechanic remove ,clean and replace could be around $1,000 to $1,500.
Old 02-11-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooby View Post
Hello Jim

I am wondering how the instal of the Provent finished up.

I am looking for a complete kit as I too don't want to muck about drilling holes and making brackets etc.

Cheers

Hi Sooby,

sorry for late reply. Catch Can install has gone fine. Kink in pipe has rounded out over time and relieved further by rotating can canister anti clockwise a few degrees.

Also had manifold removed and cleaned with recently done 90,000 km service. My mechanic only added a couple of hours labour extra to do it.

Cheers,
Jim.
Old 02-11-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
Hi Sooby,

sorry for late reply. Catch Can install has gone fine. Kink in pipe has rounded out over time and relieved further by rotating can canister anti clockwise a few degrees.

Also had manifold removed and cleaned with recently done 90,000 km service. My mechanic only added a couple of hours labour extra to do it.

Cheers,
Jim.

Just had a look at some of your photographs on your signature shortcut. Got some terrific shots there. I have always been a wildlife fan. The birds look great.

cheers