Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Torque application hooked up to the NW - awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d.i.wirtz
    • Oct 2012
    • Brisbane QLD

OBD Link

[QUOTE=Macster;255386]This forum has been good to me, so I wanted to return the favour and do a little write up on my experience with the Torque app on my HTC smart phone and bluetooth transmitter hooked up to the Pajero NW.

Well Done Macster.
    I am now also an owner of the OBD LINK MX thanks to you. http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html

I also purchased the Torque Pro app as the app that comes with the OB LINK MX although good has some limitations. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

The combination with the two is brilliant. The applications and use is simple and allows for incredible flexibility.

I also bought the Mitsubishi Fault Code app to assist if I have any issues. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.irexsoft.mitsubishi&hl=en

Following I have included some photos so that everyone can see how it all works.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	964448
    OBD LINK MX in OBD socket just above left foot. The advantage of this unit is that it does turn off after about 10 mins so as not to flatten your battery.

Name:	DSC_0020.JPG
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	964449
    I then bought the RAM Tablet Holder from the US and mounted it under the passenger seat. Plenty of room and even the wife is happy.

Now the tablet is within easy reach and can be viewed without taking my eyes of the road.

Name:	DSC_0014.JPG
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	964450
    Once the vehicle is started then activate the app on your tablet or else you will learn the same faults as Macster and I did. From this main menu you can select what you would like to do.

Name:	DSC_0009.JPG
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	964451
    Once you have completed your setup you can then set up a multitude of screen, dials gauges etc.

The added bonus is that it also has the ability to record your trip speed, location and plenty of other data all-viewable on Google.

Then when you get a fault code, you can look the code up on your fault app and make a decision if this is a code you should clear or seek further assistance. A must with modern 4WDs’ in the outback.

Name:	DSC_0025.JPG
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	964452
    I hope this will give some people a little bit of an idea what this technology is capable of and what modern 4WD owners are in for in the year to come.
    2015 Landcruiser VDJ79R Dual Cab

Comment

• MarkMan
      • May 2010
      • Kallangur, QLD

Awesome

I like it

2010 Pajero NT Exceed 3.2TD,SmartBar,Traxide USI-160,2xOptima D27F,Basha Batt Tray,2" Lift Bilstein/HD Lovells,BushSkinz Underbody Protection,MM Towbar,Redarc Tow Pro,SPV EGR Mod,Oricom UHF380,ANU200,18" D697's,240w 20" Lightbar,Airtec Snorkel,Rhino Pioneer Platform.MDC Forward Fold Cruizer V5 Camper Trailer-Wish List-Runva 11XP Winch,3"Exhaust, Chip,BushSkinz Rear Bumper Protection & Side Steps,Joolca Hot Tap,more money, more time,and, and,

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

and add some of the Torque plugins like track recorder, it is pretty cool as it captures video via the phone/tablet google map coordinates/ghosted map and you can add monitored guages
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Macster
          • Nov 2011
          • Melbourne

Glad to hear it's working for you too. Google has translated all the codes for me so far, but good to know there's an official Mitisubishi sheet.

Comment

• Macster
            • Nov 2011
            • Melbourne

BTW - I run mine on my Google Nexus tablet now. It's much faster and with the bigger screen I can display more readings! It also seems to be more stable than my HTC phone and holds the connection better.

Comment

• smej
              • Nov 2012
              • Sydney

Originally posted by Macster View Post
              When I did some reading online I discovered that it's an easy fix, you just have to change a setting in the Torque app from "automatic protocol" connect to some other one..
              Hi, just got an MX & Torque going myself and near crapped myself when everything lit up after getting fuel thisarvo.

What protocol did you end up settling on?
              MY12 Plat II diesel auto, factory rear locker, tow pack, spare wheel lift, MMCS override, Tunelink audio steaming & too many plans and not enough $

Comment

• Macster
                • Nov 2011
                • Melbourne

The instructions said to use the next available option in the drop down list after the automatic protocol. I can't remember what it was called and I think it's different for each device.

You might need to clear the Network error too if you haven't already.

Comment

• smej
                  • Nov 2012
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by Macster View Post
                  The instructions said to use the next available option in the drop down list after the automatic protocol.
                  Tried that but Touque went and defaulted itself to 4 CAN 11bit 500k baud.

Set that in the vehicle profile and the problem hasn't reoccurred.

Cheers for your review, it's good stuff!
                  MY12 Plat II diesel auto, factory rear locker, tow pack, spare wheel lift, MMCS override, Tunelink audio steaming & too many plans and not enough $

Comment

• green monster
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • Adelaide

loks great,, but I take it that it wont work on a petrol NM ?,
                    I an looking at installing 2 temp gauges, water and trans, This gizmo would do both by the looks and also give me a top excuse to mount the tablet permanently,,,
                    anybody confirm ?
                    fingers crossed,
                    cam
                    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• Jemsquash
                      • Jan 2010
                      • Perth

Originally posted by d.i.wirtz View Post
                      I then bought the RAM Tablet Holder from the US and mounted it under the passenger seat. Plenty of room and even the wife is happy.
                      Do you know which RAM arm you purchased? I'm trying to find something like what you've got there. That arm looks pretty good where you've got it.
                      07 NS GLX 3.2 DiD Auto - Bushskinz bash plate + custom bash plate - Rocksliderz - factory bull bar - Pirelli scorpion ATRs - Ironman awning - Rhino Pioneer Luggage tray - Chip it race pipe - Home made breathers - 2" (Bilstein/Lovell) - No Limit Chip - Torque Pro for Android

Comment

• mmannion
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • Birth place of QLD

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                        loks great,, but I take it that it wont work on a petrol NM ?,
                        I an looking at installing 2 temp gauges, water and trans, This gizmo would do both by the looks and also give me a top excuse to mount the tablet permanently,,,
                        anybody confirm ?
                        fingers crossed,
                        cam
                        I doubt it mate, our NM's are not OBDII compliant.
                        02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• d.i.wirtz
                          • Oct 2012
                          • Brisbane QLD

Jemsquash;272775]Do you know which RAM arm you purchased? I'm trying to find something like what you've got there. That arm looks pretty good where you've got it
                          Hi Jemsquash
                          Here is the a copy of the invoice for the product and all the relevant numbers. I hope this helps. Cheers d.i.wirtz
                          PS when you install it under the passenger seat unbolt the entire seat and lift it out as the bracket sits better and more solid under the seat rather than ontop. Also forgot to tell you where it came from. The link is http://www.rammount.com
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by d.i.wirtz; 20-02-13, 09:14 AM. Reason: updated
                          2015 Landcruiser VDJ79R Dual Cab

Comment

• Jemsquash
                            • Jan 2010
                            • Perth

Originally posted by d.i.wirtz View Post
                            Hi Jemsquash
                            Here is the a copy of the invoice for the product and all the relevant numbers. I hope this helps. Cheers d.i.wirtz
                            Thanks for the info. It looks like the following one except the part number is slightly different:
                            http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResul...5/Default.aspx. This one is missing the L after the 1 but has a U after the 202.
                            07 NS GLX 3.2 DiD Auto - Bushskinz bash plate + custom bash plate - Rocksliderz - factory bull bar - Pirelli scorpion ATRs - Ironman awning - Rhino Pioneer Luggage tray - Chip it race pipe - Home made breathers - 2" (Bilstein/Lovell) - No Limit Chip - Torque Pro for Android

Comment

• Bigbaddave12
                              • Jul 2012
                              • South East S.A.

Will this one work?

or this one?

I would like to monitor exhaust and Trans temps. Other info like fuel etc would be nice.
                              Thanks Dave
                              bigbaddave12.
                              NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

Comment

• Troy711
                                Valued Member
                                • May 2013
                                • Canberra

Which device will you be hooking up to? I know with the Kiwi units you need a WiFi module for Apple and Bluetooth for Andriod. I'd check with the manufacturer what their units will work with.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X