Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 27-02-13

Thumbs up NT dash remove

Great information Victor,

I will definately be saving these diagrams in my favourites list!

regards chow
Old 27-02-13

Hi Jim,

Start from the two top vents, they pretty much pull straight out with a little force, if you look at the diagrams you will see where not to pull from. Once they are out you will see where the side clips are connected for the radio surround, I just pulled at them starting at the middle and it comes away fairly easy, you will have to disconnect the plug at the back of top of the centre information display unit. You then pry or pull out the air con control panel. You don't have to disconnect it, just rest it down on some rags or something so as not to scratch anything. From memory it's then 4 screws and the mmcs unit is out. If you have trouble pulling parts off then use the back of a teaspoon or some trim removal tools. After you have done it once, it takes about 5 minutes to do.

Cheers
Victor
Old 28-02-13

Thanks Victor.

Regards,

Jim
Old 01-03-13
Valued Member

It is difficult to get some panels out without breaking a few clips, some are stuck tight in their hole and break. I put some vaseline on them when reinstalling so they come out easier if needed in the future. MM sell the clips as parts (in packs of 10 I think), take the piece they clip onto so they can compare it on their computer to get you the right clips.
Peter
Old 13-04-13

OK, so given it is a 1 din unit, has anyone managed to find a tray or something that fits into the slot instead of the useless stuff thats in there now? I mean, theres not even a tray or drawer or somewhere convenient to hold loose change for parking.
2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.
Old 10-08-15

I know this is an old thread but im trying to take off the plastic silver plate above gear shifter as the plastic around the stick has moved and is sometimes jamming the gear shifter.

Is that possible to take just that off or do you have to remove the whole console.
Old 10-08-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsm99 View Post
I know this is an old thread but im trying to take off the plastic silver plate above gear shifter as the plastic around the stick has moved and is sometimes jamming the gear shifter.

Is that possible to take just that off or do you have to remove the whole console.
Welcome to the forum mate your first post I see.

Might be as well to give us a photo some of the blokes will possibly know what you are talking about but Im not sure youve probably got an auto anyway.

It is a good idea to give the model details of your vehicle in your post, particularly if you dont have them in your signature. You should enter them there so we know what model Pajero etc. you have, then they always come up whenever you post anything.

I would say the bit you are talking about is part of the whole centre console that comes off over the gear stick at least all that bit in my NP manual is. You screw the knobs off the gear stick and transfer lever and the whole centre section lifts up - that is, once you've unattached it from the base.

Cheers

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 10-08-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHendo View Post
Welcome to the forum mate your first post I see.

Might be as well to give us a photo some of the blokes will possibly know what you are talking about but Im not sure youve probably got an auto anyway.

It is a good idea to give the model details of your vehicle in your post, particularly if you dont have them in your signature. You should enter them there so we know what model Pajero etc. you have, then they always come up whenever you post anything.

I would say the bit you are talking about is part of the whole centre console that comes off over the gear stick at least all that bit in my NP manual is. You screw the knobs off the gear stick and transfer lever and the whole centre section lifts up - that is, once you've unattached it from the base.

Cheers

Geoff
Thanks for the info Geoff... damn newbie posters haha.

My pajero is a 2010 platinum edition, attached is a pic of the area the red arrow shows the plastic near the gear stick that has fallen through that i am trying to get to and the blue arrows are the actual silver plastic I was referring to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pajero.jpg (100.5 KB, 158 views)
Old 10-08-15
Valued Member

To play with that I reckon you'll have to remove the whole centre console trim. It isn't difficult once you've done it once. Follow the instruction at the beginning of this thread - I use a clean paint scraper about 50 to 75mm. wide to push down in the grove and pop the trim up. Be careful using a screwdriver as it will mark the plastic.

Cheers

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 27-08-15

jaycar sell a set of trim removal tools ,5 in the set made of tough plastic various sizes and shapes ,doesn't leave marks , mine are a coloured blue