Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 20-09-12

Default remove all the trim for the centre consol and MMCS surround?

Any diagrams of how to remove all the trim for the centre consol and MMCS surround?
Thanks In anticipation.

PajNT has them and will put them up here sometime. Thanks PajNT.

Dave

Last edited by Bigbaddave12; 20-09-12 at 08:36 PM.
Old 21-09-12
Valued Member

Have a look back, I think in the 4-1 section, someone has posted the instructions for the installation of an electric brake controller which has details of removing the trim on the dash. There are also instructions somewhere else on the centre console removal. Do a search it is all there somewhere.
Peter
Old 21-09-12
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

If you gently remove the two aircon outlets you should see the the surrounds on the dash for the MMCS. I don't have such a fancy version but it was how I installed the aftermarket iplod connector to the back of the sound system in the NS.

The aircon vents have 3 clips from memory 1 top and 2 bottom and offer some resistence to being removed but came out without issue, just be gentle
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 21-09-12

Hi Dave,

Here they are, hope this works.

Cheers
Victor
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dash1.pdf (88.9 KB, 2303 views)
File Type: pdf dash2.pdf (44.2 KB, 1473 views)
File Type: pdf dash3.pdf (137.6 KB, 1295 views)
File Type: pdf dash.pdf (140.3 KB, 1147 views)
File Type: pdf centre.pdf (108.0 KB, 1336 views)
Old 21-09-12

Default Thank you

Fantastic' Thanks for the diagrams. The warning in "dash1.pdf" was good as that was where I was going to start the process. BUT NOT NOW!.
Thank You. PajNT
Old 22-09-12

Hi Dave,

Forgot this one.

Victor
Attached Files
File Type: pdf shift.pdf (59.4 KB, 965 views)
Old 17-12-12

Default WTF Helppppppppp

Im trying and yes it is very hard to try and remove the card holder which happens to be the DIN size for my new UHF in the dash of my NT Pajero I have printed and read every thing here and the info is great. However I can remove 95% of the centre console but I cant seem to remove the outer peice that surounds the transmission tunnel and goes under the cig lighter can someone please help before I spend $$$$$ on going to MMA for help (yes i was able to unclip the side panels and the two screws that hold the panels on as well as the screws under the cup holders. The surround is loose but stuck fast) Can someone please help
Old 18-12-12

Default this gets you half way.

This is not from the book but it’s how I did it.
Pull the cup holder straight up. Only held in with clips.
Undo screws that can be seen
Then I think I moved the center console glove box back (some screws.) I'm not sure if you really need to do this.
The silver plastic center piece is just held with two screws and clips. The trick is you have to unscrew the 4wd selector and remove the auto selector.
To remove the auto selector you have to pull the squareish silver thing below the leather handle down to reveals two small screws. from the passengers side. Undo the screws and it lifts off. The 4wd selector just unscrews like a gear knob.
Then the silver center console cover lifts off. That’s where my deconstruction finished. Would like some advice on the rest. Hope this helps.
Dave.
Old 20-12-12

Default How to remove small storage compartment and useless card thingy

Well i finally gave in and took my NT to TJM Brendale where their workshop manager after about 15 minutes had that useless part removed and had begun fitting my new GME TX 4500 which does fit and looks great (the unit is DIN size but is short and fits great). OK now for some tips

1. This is not for the faint hearted as the dash is basicly held in by clips so if you are not gentle it could get expensive.

2. The centre console does not have to be removed!!!!!

3. The climate control unit, the bottem half of the glove box and steering surround does have to be unclipped so you can access two screws that hold the panel on and then there are two other screws that hold the card thingy in. The door rubbers also have to go. Also the screws that hold the cover panels on the trany tunnel.

4. The UHF is held in place by a DIN slider and DIN outer plate which allows you to to remove to small screws from the front to allow access to the rear of the unit with ease.

5. The cost of the install was $140 however I saved that on buying the anttena and radio on ebay

Enjoy
Old 27-02-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajNT View Post
Hi Dave,

Here they are, hope this works.

Cheers
Victor

Hi Victor, thanks for the great diagrams. Presume you have taken out your MMCS hence the pictures, is it possible for you to describe, simply, where to start and which way is best to pull each part out without breaking clips.

Thanks for your input.

Jim