• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Welcome Motely,

I found the factory struts way too strong and the tailgate would lift up too rapidly and take quite an effort to close. I have had a 500Nm strut fail and the tailgate will not self support on a single strut. My solution is to carry either a factory strut or a spare aftermarket strut as a spare, compact and lightweight so carrying a spare is less of a hassle than not having the tailgate operational.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by Motley_71 View Post
      Hi OJ & others, A top idea! I've hit my head several times as well, it's a shame the designers didn't account so much for us Aussies/our height. I also have a similar problem seeing the dash indicator lights when driving, dash seems to have been designed by someone much shorter, and as the Blinker noise isn't very loud I have to pay extra attention to ensure the indicator turns off after a corner, it's caught me out a few times, I've read that the sounder can be adjusted via computer to make it loader but still a problem. It's a shame the steering wheel isn't telescopic and/or the seat able to be lowered further as it would then be able to create a much better driving position for us taller people as would be able to sit back a bit further or lower, when I move the seat back far enough for my legs and also to see the indicator dash light better I kind of have to reach for the wheel, which isn't a ideal driving position so have to find a happy medium point in between where I can just see the indicator light, my legs aren't too cramped & I'm not reaching too far forward for best leverage off arms to steer well (or cause fatigue over long distance by out reaching). I guess it's not a major problem but could have been a little better if the designers gave us tall people a little more

Was lost for words with rest of your post

Have you thought about a suspension lift or up size tyres ? .. your vehicle is 7 yrs old and might benefit from this .. 😄

If you've had the strut replacement should be good for another 5+ yrs at least 👍

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
        Was lost for words with rest of your post

Have you thought about a suspension lift or up size tyres ? .. your vehicle is 7 yrs old and might benefit from this .. 😄

If you've had the strut replacement should be good for another 5+ yrs at least 👍

Scratching my head here as to how a suspension lift or larger tyres will help Motely_71 see the dash better, lower the steering wheel, change the distance from the steering wheel and turn the volume up on the blinker.

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
          Scratching my head here as to how a suspension lift or larger tyres will help Motely_71 see the dash better, lower the steering wheel, change the distance from the steering wheel and turn the volume up on the blinker.
          Obviously you didn't read the post .. he's hitting his head on the tail gate .. .. 2 inch lift and larger tyres his head maybe safe

The rest is like .. maybe another vehicle would suit him better .. LOL .. Did he test drive it before buying ?
          Last edited by littleriver; 16-12-17, 09:40 AM.
          2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2016
            • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
            Obviously you didn't read the post .. he's hitting his head on the tail gate .. .. 2 inch lift and larger tyres his head maybe safe

The rest is like .. maybe another vehicle would suit him better .. LOL .. Did he test drive it before buying ?
            I read the post. Did you see where he asked if longer struts would be beneficial?

Suspension lift, bigger tyres cost over $3,500. Longer struts if applicable few hundred.

Bump your head 4 or 5 times you learn to duck and that's free.

Comment

• littleriver
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Queensland

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
              I read the post. Did you see where he asked if longer struts would be beneficial?

Suspension lift, bigger tyres cost over $3,500. Longer struts if applicable few hundred.

Bump your head 4 or 5 times you learn to duck and that's free.
              So true ...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X