Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 17-10-12
Valued Member

Yes, very interesting !!
NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.
Old 17-10-12
Valued Member

We took a good look at a 150 series Prado at the recent Adelaide 4x4 show.
What a heap of crap, If I was given one I would sell it straight away, buy a Paj and pocket the change.
After only a couple of minutes worth of looking, I noticed a couple of design flaws that would be deal breakers for me. Completely unacceptable.
The first is the rear cargo area / 3rd row seats. You would need to be 7 foot tall to be able to lift anything heavy up there. And the 3rd row seats are not removable like they were in the 120 series and all Pajero's.
Secondly, the floor pan in the front passengers side has a huge lump in it. So bad that your left and right foot sit on different levels on the floor. WTF? That can't be comfortable....
The current Pajero chassis may have been around for nearly 13 years now but in my eyes it is still a clear winner. I'll say it again, you would have to have rocks in your head to fork out the extra cash for a 150 series over a current Paj.
The 120 series Prado is a good thing (although still commands too much money on the 2nd hand market), a good performer with the D4D motor, standard 180l fuel capacity on most models, smooth and quiet on the inside, it just lacks features (like traction control / stability control etc etc) compared to the Paj.
The 150 series is a dog and its got me beat why they sell so well. It must be that people are blind and don't bother to even look at anything that doesn't have a Toyota badge.
Oh well, their loss
Dan.
2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!
Old 17-10-12

Send a message via Skype™ to EXTNIX

When we were buying our Pajero (not new) we had a look at heaps of Prado's , but simply can not justify $40,000 price tag for 7 years old Grande's.

Looked at first 07 NS VRX Pajero, Drove it, loved it and bought it, for almost $11,000k cheaper

Mods:
a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au
Old 18-10-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
We took a good look at a 150 series Prado at the recent Adelaide 4x4 show.
What a heap of crap, If I was given one I would sell it straight away, buy a Paj and pocket the change.
After only a couple of minutes worth of looking, I noticed a couple of design flaws that would be deal breakers for me. Completely unacceptable.
The first is the rear cargo area / 3rd row seats. You would need to be 7 foot tall to be able to lift anything heavy up there. And the 3rd row seats are not removable like they were in the 120 series and all Pajero's.
Secondly, the floor pan in the front passengers side has a huge lump in it. So bad that your left and right foot sit on different levels on the floor. WTF? That can't be comfortable....
The current Pajero chassis may have been around for nearly 13 years now but in my eyes it is still a clear winner. I'll say it again, you would have to have rocks in your head to fork out the extra cash for a 150 series over a current Paj.
The 120 series Prado is a good thing (although still commands too much money on the 2nd hand market), a good performer with the D4D motor, standard 180l fuel capacity on most models, smooth and quiet on the inside, it just lacks features (like traction control / stability control etc etc) compared to the Paj.
The 150 series is a dog and its got me beat why they sell so well. It must be that people are blind and don't bother to even look at anything that doesn't have a Toyota badge.
Oh well, their loss
Dan.
The third row seats do come out, just not quickley like Paj or 120. I've driven a 150 a fair bit, good car and I could see where people would be attracted, especially now Toyota seem to be more competitive with them. You have try both and come to your own conclusion, I am with above the GXL 200 is starting I look better value.

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
99 Rodeo TD dual cab.