Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 27-07-12

Default MMCS wont function on the move

Hi All,
I have bought a Platinum dec 2011 which has the MMCS and i cant set new addresses or POI on the Move. I have to stop and do this which is not very good when on the M1 and looking for nearest fuel. I can understand that the driver should not be doing this but the passenger should be able?
I have read about a device that can be installed and have tried to contact these people numerous times and no response.
Any ideas.
Old 27-07-12
Valued Member

I believe that is how it is meant to be, do yourself a favour & get rid of the MMCS from most reports its a dud anyway.
Old 27-07-12
Valued Member

Salty,

Ian is correct, I can confirm that you can't use the nav system on the move, its a PITA however, we can't disagree with the intended safety logic.

I think it should have some kind of sensor in the passenger's seat that would enable it, but then again, if a passenger was there, the driver could still operate the system.

I can't help you with info on the device you mention, would be interested myself.
Cheers
Larry
NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.
Old 27-07-12
Valued Member

Yeah, that's how it is, unless you get one of Keith's (Ozhummer's) override cable. It enables you to change Ipos tracks, destinations, everything except play DVD's on the move. It also charges the Ipod. We're lucky, he actually came an fitted ours early in 2010.

It is great, only problem is, Keith seems to have gone AWOL and no one can contact him. So perhaps some other member has made a similar thing?

It is a great addition to have.

Cheers,
Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
Old 27-07-12

Go to www.resourceit.com.au/MMCS/Ordering for the adaptor unit
Old 28-07-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie1403 View Post
Why?

I know people that have been trying to contact him since November 2011 and still have had no reply from him.
Old 28-07-12

There is a product out of japan called a tv navi from beatsonic. It is meant to do the same thing as ozhummers but will also allow you to watch the dvd player on the go. After i fitted bullbar,winch,snorkle,dual battery, susspension lift, bush plates and a second set of rims and mud tyres my wife was not seeing the funny side anymore so this mod missed out, so i dont acttually know if it works or not.
Any way there model number is TVK-38 for the 2010 onwards paj. Try www.beatsonic.co.jp/
Hope this helps.
Greg
Old 28-07-12

Originally Posted by Charlie1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryn View Post
Why?

I know people that have been trying to contact him since November 2011 and still have had no reply from him.
I can second that - I have been trying to contact Keith (ozhummer) for months.

There is also chatter about this on http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=16695&page=7 Daryn and AP OZ have someone who can copy the unit - can anyone help them out?
SOLD - 2012 NW Platinum in Graphite, Dueler A/T Tyres, Dual Battery, Custom sheepskin seat covers, Prodigy P2 brake controller, Lovell springs, Bilstein shocks, Poly airbags, TJM color coded bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3540 UHF, MMCS override cable, cargo blind, Bushskinz underbody protection,
Old 28-07-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Potter View Post
There is a product out of japan called a tv navi from beatsonic. It is meant to do the same thing as ozhummers but will also allow you to watch the dvd player on the go. After i fitted bullbar,winch,snorkle,dual battery, susspension lift, bush plates and a second set of rims and mud tyres my wife was not seeing the funny side anymore so this mod missed out, so i dont acttually know if it works or not.
Any way there model number is TVK-38 for the 2010 onwards paj. Try www.beatsonic.co.jp/
Hope this helps.
Greg
Email sent to enquire
Old 28-07-12

I have the MMCS in my ASX and I think it's a bit harsh calling it a dud. I fitted one of Keith's overide kits over 18 months ago and don't have any problems. Sound with the Rockford Fosgate is pretty good.

The satnav works OK for me and has navigated me around Sydney on the odd trip there.

I must say though the Polaris units look pretty impressive particulalry if you do a lot of Off road and need Hema maps.

When my maps get seriously out of date I'll either find a pirate update or just go and buy a Tom Tom with more features and cheaper than a rip off MMA update.