Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 07-08-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Bark Hak View Post
So you mean move the starter battery to the second battery position and rewire so to speak to keep it still as the starter battery?
Please note the amendments I have made to my installation instructions, both in red and further along in italics and at bottom link to stevemc181 post.

If you're still confused let ARB or an auto electrician take care of it.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=23201&page=4

regards
John

2012 NW Active, Ironbark, 3.2 DiD Auto

Tow Bar, Nudge Bar, Cooper AT3 265/65R17 LT, CB Radio, Redarc Indash Brake Controller, AutoSafe Cargo Barrier, 2-Auxilary Battery System w/Redarc Isolator, Custom Storage Unit, 50mm / 300kg OME Suspension with Firestone Airbags.
81 Lt Auxilary Fuel Tank by Long Range Automotive, Lillydale (Vic)
Old 07-08-14

New battery tray arrived today, from FNB 4x4,must say I am happy with my choice.
Cost a bit more than the others, but looks like a better quality item. Welding and finish.
This one is specifically made for NW diesel and makes use of all but one of the factory mounts, plus has a heat shield on motor side. Last but not least, fits a 12inch N70 battery.
Will post more picks once all the goodies arrive, only want to pull car apart once.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_32431.jpg (55.9 KB, 221 views)
MY14 VRX 3.2D Auto|OL Premium post bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Int/Sump | Rhino platform 42102B | 2.5x2.1 Oztrail | HD Parkside Hitch | Grande 17x8 | 697 A/T 265/65R17LT | Flexitank 140L | Primus 92L DZone | Rhino Luggage bag | Maxtrax | 10.1" tablet | Redarc SBI12, BCDC1240LV, TowPro | Century N70T | Fullriver DC105-12 | 120w Light bar | 7"HID 100w | CAT3 ERP | ARB CKMA12 | Alpine MRVT1000, MRVF540 | MBQuart DSC216 x 2 | Alpine SWR-1221 x2 | Enough cable, switches to run a city

Last edited by gunsrunner; 07-08-14 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-08-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Bark Hak View Post
So you mean move the starter battery to the second battery position and rewire so to speak to keep it still as the starter battery?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. The original starter battery moves into the new auxiliary battery tray but remains as the starter battery. The new second battery then gets situated into the place vacated by the start battery.
However, I should clarify that there is no need to rewire anything. You just need to make sure that positive and negative leads from the starter battery migrate to the new location with the battery.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rick
NW Platinum in Cool Silver, CTEK Dual Battery System, Uniden 7750NB UHF, Opal MMCS Replacement, Custom Rear Storage, Neoprene Seat Covers, Spare Wheel Lift, PDW Revenge Alloys, BF Goodrich All Terrians, OME Suspension, Poly Air Bags, Long Range Tank, 40L Engel Fridge, Bushskinz, Tigerz11 Awning, Laird Combination UHF Aerial
Old 08-08-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus008 View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. The original starter battery moves into the new auxiliary battery tray but remains as the starter battery. The new second battery then gets situated into the place vacated by the start battery.
However, I should clarify that there is no need to rewire anything. You just need to make sure that positive and negative leads from the starter battery migrate to the new location with the battery.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rick
It sure does

So Far Black Widow Draws, Millford Cargo Barrier, Thule Luggage Carrier, Tow kit, Tints, Weather shields, ARB front bar, ARB 2 inch Old Man Emu suspension, Redark 40amp LV dual battery set up STT PRO tyres 275x65x18 Domintor Winch 12000ibs Cree 9 inch LED BushSkinz full protection kit including rear bar protector and side steps TJM snorkel Kings awning

MDC V4 Rear Fold Crusader Camper
Old 17-01-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsrunner View Post
New battery tray arrived today, from FNB 4x4,must say I am happy with my choice.
Cost a bit more than the others, but looks like a better quality item. Welding and finish.
This one is specifically made for NW diesel and makes use of all but one of the factory mounts, plus has a heat shield on motor side. Last but not least, fits a 12inch N70 battery.
Will post more picks once all the goodies arrive, only want to pull car apart once.
Hey Gunsrunner

How did that battery tray work out for you? Does it seem pretty sturdy? What size battery did you end up putting in it? Did you have to add any holes to bolt it on?

Cheers

Old 23-01-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherPlane View Post
Hey Gunsrunner

How did that battery tray work out for you? Does it seem pretty sturdy? What size battery did you end up putting in it? Did you have to add any holes to bolt it on?

Cheers

Yes, very happy. Have done 15000 km now, 50% gravel/corrugated no problems. There was a bolt that didn't line up needed a shim, but no matter. No extra holes needed.
Fitted the Century N70T http://centurybatteries.com.au/resou...r/product/n70t
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_32601.jpg (170.6 KB, 152 views)
MY14 VRX 3.2D Auto|OL Premium post bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Int/Sump | Rhino platform 42102B | 2.5x2.1 Oztrail | HD Parkside Hitch | Grande 17x8 | 697 A/T 265/65R17LT | Flexitank 140L | Primus 92L DZone | Rhino Luggage bag | Maxtrax | 10.1" tablet | Redarc SBI12, BCDC1240LV, TowPro | Century N70T | Fullriver DC105-12 | 120w Light bar | 7"HID 100w | CAT3 ERP | ARB CKMA12 | Alpine MRVT1000, MRVF540 | MBQuart DSC216 x 2 | Alpine SWR-1221 x2 | Enough cable, switches to run a city

Last edited by gunsrunner; 08-07-15 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-07-15

Default Opposite Lock dual battery tray - MIA?

Hello all

Just a note to say that I contacted my local Opposite Lock store in Queanbeyan about a dual battery tray for a NW.

The response was that they don't sell a NW specific tray.

Cheers
Old 08-07-15
Valued Member

Sooby, there are a number of different trays available for the NW, do a search of this forum. ARB, Outback Accessories, Piranha brands all come to mind immediately! I'd go elsewhere to buy if that was as far as OL could help you! My advice would be to buy and install the tray yourself - it's a very easy bolt on accessory. Then have someone install the dual battery set-up if you're not comfortable installing the electrics yourself.
NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.
Old 08-07-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
Sooby, there are a number of different trays available for the NW, do a search of this forum. ARB, Outback Accessories, Piranha brands all come to mind immediately! I'd go elsewhere to buy if that was as far as OL could help you! My advice would be to buy and install the tray yourself - it's a very easy bolt on accessory. Then have someone install the dual battery set-up if you're not comfortable installing the electrics yourself.
Thanks Onslow

Yep, research is well underway. I don't want to drill any holes in my shiny new car.

TJM seems to be well worth a look.

Cheers