• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrahameL
    • Mar 2012
    • Caboolture, Qld

Compass

Hi all

I have recently picked up my NW Platinum and have noticed that the compass does not show up on the Centre Information Display unit.

Is this the way it is supposed to be, because of the MMCS unit having sat nav?

Does anyone else have the same issue?
    SOLD - 2012 NW Platinum in Graphite, Dueler A/T Tyres, Dual Battery, Custom sheepskin seat covers, Prodigy P2 brake controller, Lovell springs, Bilstein shocks, Poly airbags, TJM color coded bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3540 UHF, MMCS override cable, cargo blind, Bushskinz underbody protection,
  • JandG
    • Jul 2007

Same in mine. There is a small compass in the satnav in the left top corner.
    I wonder if the compass in the upper display can be enabled somehow?

Got ours on Thursday last week and all going well so far.

We got warm white, nudge bar, protectors everywhere, alloy pedals, weather shields, Prodigy break controller for caravan.

The warm white looks great in afternoon sun.

Cheers
    Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Comment

• markpeh
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Lake Clarendon QLD

In my nt I had it enabled by installing the compass unit which goes in the rear door. I assume it the same for the nw. Some dealers will not know what I talking about but it true.
      NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• Rooster
        • Sep 2007
        • Adelaide

Hi, My new NW is the same, I was going to take it back to the dealer to get sorted. looks like no need for that now if it is not set up to work in the Platinum with MMCS.
        NW 3.2 Diesel Auto Platinum, Cool Silver, Redarc Remote Head Electric Brake Controller, Mitsi towbar, GME 3400 UHF, full window tint, home made rear drawers, bushskinz intercooler guard, custom alloy sump and trans sump guards, rhino racks, arb awning, UltraGauge, Lovells HD coils and Bilsteins, BFG KO2's, Automate TCC Lockup kit, Hikeit throttle controller

Comment

• CraigFox
          • Jun 2010
          • Happy Valley SA

many moons ago this was discussed in Gen 4-2. Somewhere on here people have the part number for the module.
          Foxy

2010 NT Did Auto ACTiV. MM Tow Bar. ARB Bar, 50mm Raised Suspension, BFG A/T's, Tinted Windows, Red Arc remote head brake controller, Uniden UHF, Airtec Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Basket, 81litre Long Range Tank (finally!!)

Bushskinz under body still to come one day.

Comment

• GrahameL
            • Mar 2012
            • Caboolture, Qld

I have found some chatter on the Generation 4-2 site which indicates that the compass is disconnected with the MMCS system.

However the manual states
            "On vehicles with MMCS even though the compass setting display is shown, correcting the compass will not be possible."

Surely then you can have both the compass and MMCS?

Grahame
            SOLD - 2012 NW Platinum in Graphite, Dueler A/T Tyres, Dual Battery, Custom sheepskin seat covers, Prodigy P2 brake controller, Lovell springs, Bilstein shocks, Poly airbags, TJM color coded bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3540 UHF, MMCS override cable, cargo blind, Bushskinz underbody protection,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X