Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 30-03-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
I spent alot of time contemplating the second filter. I knew i needed one, as I am going outback next month for 4 weeks, and know several people who have picked up dirty fuel and cost them a bomb to fix the engine. After running through various options and talking to many people, I finally decided to install it on the opposite side of the engine bay. To try and control the heat, I fabricated a small heat shield. Pretty sure this helps. After travelling outback next month, I'll then tell you how successful it was to put it in this location. I was advised by the guys at DieselCare that an after market 'post' filter option is better than a prefilter, so that's what i ended up doing. Fuel line runs along the fire wall, and put some heat shield around the fuel hose to be on the safe side. I've been running this around the city for 3 months now with no issues. Fingers crossed it will last the big trip .
First photo showing how clutted it is around the existing filter. Second photo showing new filter.
Humbug, when you replace your secondary filter do you have to use "dieselcare" brand filters or are there other brands you can use? I couldn't find any info about this on their web page.
Cheers
Peter
Old 04-04-15

Default fuel filter

installed a Donaldson about 6 months ago , have had no problems with diesel up till now, and filter seems to work well . cheap insurance
Old 06-04-15

Default diesel filter

gidday Bobsreturn
did you instal yours before or after the oem filter
thanks Andy