• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cattledog
    • Apr 2013
    • Sydney Metro

Platinum Cloud Seatcovers @ $199/ Pair

Platinum Cloud air bag compatible (deploy safe) 24MM pile sheepskin seat covers are on special at Super cheap at the moment - normal price $329, sale price $199. Come with 5 year warranty.
    Fitted a pair on my 2014 NW GLXR today- not a bad fit in my opinion.
    Straight forward fitting - just follow the instruction sheet. The only trick is removing the two seat base adjusting knobs- they are held on by a wire circlip which can be flicked off using a screwdriver, then replace them after fitting the covers.
    2014 GLXR Auto CRD

Comment

• Not Withstanding
      • Jan 2014
      • Melbourne

Has anyone fitted the MSA canvas seat covers?

Comment

• Pwoffey
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Adelaide

Just put on a set of MSAs (front and rear seats) yesterday. What would you like to know?

Phil
        BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Not Withstanding
          • Jan 2014
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
          Just put on a set of MSAs (front and rear seats) yesterday. What would you like to know?

Phil
          Just like, how they fit, look, feel n stuff - are you feeling good about them? Thanks!

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

OK.

In summary, I am very happy with them. They look like they will take a lot of punishment. Have only been on a few short drives with them, but so far they've stayed in place.

The fit is probably a bit tighter than other sear covers I have used - but they ought to be, since they are Paj specific and cost quite a bit ($700 from Wolf 4x4 - saves over $150 compared with getting them directly from MSA).

There are separate covers for:
            + front drivers seat, front drivers back, front drivers headrest
            + front passengers seat, front passengers back, front passengers headrest
            + front console (between drivers and passengers seat)
            + rear 2/3 seat, rear 2/3 back (incorporates lining for fold down rear + console)
            + rear 2/3 headrest, rear 2/3 side wing
            + rear 1/3 seat, rear 1/3 back
            + rear 1/3 headrest, rear 1/3 side wing
            + rear central fold down console (leaves open area to accommodate drink holders)

The colour is a mid-gray with charcoal sides. My partner really likes the colour as it tones down the all-black OEM interior.

The material seems very strong - a canvas outer lined by cotton and treated with Teflon. Neither I nor my partner felt the canvas was uncomfortable, but it's certainly not soft and cuddly. Had a friend's dog in it last night drooling onto the covers . The drool just beaded and we just wiped it off clean with a dry cloth. Very nice.

The instructions say it takes 20 minutes to fit the two front seats and 20 mins to fit the back seats. Well, maybe. Took me at least 40 minutes for the front and 45 for the back. There were a couple of problems:

1. the fit is very good but the tolerances can be fine. One of the rear seat side wings went on quite easily but it took almost 15 minutes to get the other one on. It was a bit small presumably due to variation in the manufacture. Finally managed - stretch a little bit, swear a little bit, stretch a little bit.... Moral of story: grit teeth and persist. All the other pieces went on OK.

2. the attachment system is non-stretchy flat nylon straps with plastic quick buckles (like on a backpack). These are (IMHO) much preferable to stretchy cords with hooks. All of them went on fine BUT the straps that are meant to stabilise the covers side-to-side on the front seat cannot be passed under the front seat to link up (at least not in my NW) because there is no gap between the seat and the runner assembly. The only way I could get the straps to link was to pass them around the back of the seat, very low down. But then because of the curved/slanted shape of the plastic seat molds at that position, as soon as I buckled-up and tightened the strap it slipped down and wedged itself into the end of the runner assembly. Finally I used some double sided velcro to keep the MSA straps aligned against the plastic seat mold so that when I tightened the MSA strap it all stayed in place. A bit of a fig, but seems to work OK.

3. took me a little while to figure out how the rear console fitted (think I got it right!). In general, the instructions are pretty basic.

Hope this helps

Phil
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Not Withstanding
              • Jan 2014
              • Melbourne

Brilliant review, thanks for the detail Phil. Think I'll get them on the strength of that!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X