Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 30-01-12

We have an 09 Platinum and I cant fault it to be honest, we chose it after looking at the Prado's but couldnt justify the extra $$.
We have been really impressed with everything even though it is primarily a highway runner for the wife.
I traded in my old work ute recently for a 2011 GLX and I am really happy too.
Though mine will be getting a fair bit of fruit and will see a lot more off road.
Old 06-02-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz1958 View Post
Very good assessment of the new 2012 Platium, I am also about to buy a new/used Pajero and they are excellent vehicles but there is some difference between models and years especially with the masive taxes and charges added for new cars. Its hard to weight up used car without 10 year warranty on the drive train against new with full warranty. Well thats were I am at the moment

Gazz
I am also looking, I have had 2 Prado 120's, 1st one was the V6, and the 2nd was the d4d, I went there because I prefer full chassis to monocoque, but at todays prado prices the Paj makes more sense, and I prefer the Pajero 3.2TD to the Prado's weak 3TD. Also the Mitsubishis are so reliable, I have an old magna and a Triton 3.2 TD Dual cab 4x4, with no problems. Just my 5c.
Old 07-02-12

Just picked my new machine, I have booked it in for a second battery under the bonnet, I was going to install my CB radio before they put the battery tray over the hole in the fire wall, but where in the heck do I mount the radio in the cabin and where do i pick up a switched 12v wire. Any help would be appreciated tks guys
Old 08-02-12
Valued Member

I have an Icom 440, its mounted under front pas seat.
http://www.icom-australia.com/produc...cb_ic-440.html

I ran the power from the battery (new fuse box pic attached) to the unit inc an earth. It auto offs when not used.

Ran the mike cable up to the covered slot. fitted the plug in there. (see pic)

Michael.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug for microphone.jpg (181.1 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Fuse block under bonnet.jpg (188.7 KB, 103 views)
2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.
Old 08-02-12

Thanks Michael, I had the cb mounted under the seat on the old bus, with a speaker in the foot well. when I looked under the seat of this machine I see lots of plugs and cables, all to do with the air bags I was told. I don't know if I can just unplug them, take the seat out, mount the CB and have the hand-piece nearby. I could get 12v from the ciggy socket nearby. I think in the short term I'll just run the Aeriel cable in and see what else i can find out. If I have to go for a new CB then thats another cost in the change over. Cheers..
Old 08-02-12

There's a lot of rubber plugs throughout the Pajero cabin floor which you can feed cables under the car and through, rather than drilling holes through the firewall.
Old 11-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV Rangie View Post
I have an Icom 440, its mounted under front pas seat.
http://www.icom-australia.com/produc...cb_ic-440.html

I ran the power from the battery (new fuse box pic attached) to the unit inc an earth. It auto offs when not used.

Ran the mike cable up to the covered slot. fitted the plug in there. (see pic)

Michael.
Thanks for posting that Michael. I was about to ask the same question. I was about to purchase a GLX-R but noticed some very low KMs Platinums in silver (my preferred colour) so brought one of those instead. I wont pick it up until Monday or Tuesday now as the dealer needs to register it for me. Got it for a good price as far as cars go here in WA. Anyway thanks for the idea on where to fit the fuse box and mike cable.