Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 20-12-19
Valued Member

I thought they must have weirdly worded request for the build date of the car, but surely not.

Could you please give us your date of birth, mothers maiden name, name of your first pet as a child, drivers licence number, blood type and details of any health conditions you may be experiencing
Old 20-12-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lateagain View Post
I received the following from my email to Mitsubishi :

VIN number:
Date of birth:
Address:

just reply with.

Date of birth: N/A if you require more information about me please CC ACCC all requests as I'm lodging a complaint about delay tactics.
Old 20-12-19
Valued Member

No Air-bags here, We Die like real Men....

Gemster...
YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men
Old 20-12-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemster View Post
No Air-bags here, We Die like real Men....

Gemster...

Yep mine were removed due to the style of driving my wagon does.... not going to risk accidental deployment from the G sensor in the cab due to jumping over sand dunes or bouncing up rocks....

Those truely worried it is not a huge thing to do to remove the airbag fuse - I would be happier doing that than risking those airbags

And as before the first article I read from a US pajero page mentioned the only known fatality in a NL was here in Australia so MMC Aussie saying they dont know if Aussie Pajeros are affected is them dodging the issue

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 07-01-20
Valued Member

Has anybody heard back fro MMA?

I would think 2 weeks is a reasonable time to determine which vehicles are affected or not.

It's a waste of time going to MMA's website because, as of today:

"Mitsubishi Lancer, Mirage, Pajero, Express and Starwagon models built between 1997- 2000 were mentioned in the ACCC press release on 17 December 2019 regarding Takata NADI 5-AT airbag inflators. These vehicles are NOT included in our Takata search tool."

Last edited by arrow; 07-01-20 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-01-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
Has anybody heard back fro MMA?

I would think 2 weeks is a reasonable time to determine which vehicles are affected or not.

It's a waste of time going to MMA's website because, as of today:

"Mitsubishi Lancer, Mirage, Pajero, Express and Starwagon models built between 1997- 2000 were mentioned in the ACCC press release on 17 December 2019 regarding Takata NADI 5-AT airbag inflators. These vehicles are NOT included in our Takata search tool."
my guess is they have no idea of what vehicles were fitted with airbags from the vins...

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 11-01-20

VIN lists now available on ACCC website at this link:
http://www.productsafety.gov.au/reca...i-5-at-airbags

I had provided my details to MM about three weeks ago and have been monitoring the ACCC site since the original press release back in December. The list was only uploaded to the site yesterday, so I hope MM will be making contact soon, given my vehicle is on the list. I haven't driven it in 3 weeks, which is very frustrating.

One other thing worth mentioning - the PPSR for my vehicle has my VIN listed against a completely different vehicle number plate (and state), colour etc. I know the VIN and engine numbers are correct for my vehicle because I have the original purchase papers and service manuals, but it is interesting that the details held by NEVDIS are completely wrong, and it is these details that the manufacturers rely on to find the affected vehicles.
Old 12-01-20
Valued Member

I’ll double check later, but on first glance it appears the Escape has, umm, escaped, the recall.

Shorty doesn’t appear so lucky at the moment. Crap.

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 12-01-20

I phoned our local Mitsubishi dealers service dept. and gave them the registration number of my Challenger and Triton and was told neither are on the list.

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits
Old 12-01-20
Valued Member

Well, mine is on the list, but I was expecting it.:dunno
I am NOT a conspiracy theorist BUT, here are some figures.
The official Takata air bag recall (NOT including our NADI 5AT inflators) has a worldwide number of 41,600,000 (41.6million) The total number of deaths world wide = 29. Injuries worldwide = 320.
I wonder how many deaths are caused by bald tyres, brake failure or other mechanical fault, not wearing seat belts, using mobile phones, etc, etc let alone by people dropping dead of a heart attack that they were warned COULD happen?
I realise that because it is now a known problem it has to be addressed. I still wonder if governments (and car manufacturers) are not secretly grinning at the latest NADI 5AT problem as it will undoubtedly lead to a high number of vehicles being scrapped (bought back) which in turn means more new car sales and a reduction in the number of these "old polluting banggers" on the road. (makes the pollution reduction numbers look good!) As I say it is just idle thought on my part but really did anyone honestly think that an explosive charge in a real world environment would last for ever?
JUST MY RAMBLING
Tom
2008 Mercedes W211 e280 CDI sport
2003 Ford Transit