Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 27-10-18

Default Tyre pressure (TPMS) PID for Torque

It's been a while that i've been looking for a way to monitor my tyre pressure with the Torque pro app from within the car. I also find annoying that among all the data MM chose to show on the center dash display such as altitude (like i'm driving a bat-mobile or something) and the date (seriously... the date?!) they did find it overly important to display tire pressure in an off-road vehicle (what good can that do, right?). The only issue is that I can't seem to find the PID for it and add custom PID to Torque.
Does any of you have access to a MUT3 device (or something similar)? If so, will it be possible to extract the PID from it?
Thanks

Last edited by ofer24; 31-10-18 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Sorry, I noticed I wrote "Tech2" device instead of "MUT3" (I had a Jackaroo once)
Old 27-10-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofer24 View Post
It's been a while that i've been looking for a way to monitor my tyre pressure with the Torque pro app from within the car. I also find annoying that among all the data MM chose to show on the center dash display such as altitude (like i'm driving a bat-mobile or something) and the date (seriously... the date?!) they did find it overly important to display tire pressure in an off-road vehicle (what good can that do, right?). The only issue is that I can't seem to find the PID for it and add custom PID to Torque.
Does any of you have access to a tech2 device (or something similar)? If so, will it be possible to extract the PID from it?
Thanks
Yeah, some of the info on the centre dash unit is a joke. I doubt anyone is remotely interested in the barometric pressure.
I've had a couple of passengers ask me what the graph is for.
Could have done a whole lot better in my opinion.
Old 31-10-18

Quote:
Does any of you have access to a tech2 device (or something similar)? If so, will it be possible to extract the PID from it?
Thanks
Don't know anything about the torque pro app but was walking through Aldi the other day and they had a heap of tpms reduced to $69. Not sure if any good or not but can always return for full refund if not suitable. They were hidden away in the glass cases. Although they were advertised as 4wd they're not ideal for this as the min setting is 26 psi and I don't think this can be adjusted.

As an aside I spend a lot of time in the mountains and use the altitude function all the time. Agree on the uselessness of the graph and date!
Old 18-01-20

Quote:
Does any of you have access to a MUT3 device (or something similar)? If so, will it be possible to extract the PID from it?
Thanks
I would like to see the actual tire pressures in my TPMS-equipped Pajero too. At Youtube there is video showing TPMS-readings with an alternative OBD software, which is also available as Android app: https://youtu.be/M5EgYqPA43o

I'm new and totally unexperienced in using OBD and was not able to reproduce the steps shown in the video to find the TPMS-values with this app. Maybe some more experienced users will have more luck with this app.
Old 18-01-20
Resident

I've never heard of a Pajero with TPMS from the factory, so I'm guessing it's not something offered in Australia.

For those markets that do have it, is it a proper system with sensors in the tyres, or a "de-facto" system that deduces a tyre pressure problem by comparing the ABS wheel speed signals?

If the wheels don't have pressure sensors to transmit actual pressures I doubt the OBD system will be able to provide values.

(As an aside: I had a Mk 6 Golf that used the ABS method, and alerted me to a slow leak. After I pumped the tyre up and followed the "reset" procedure it never set a new "baseline", and the next I knew about low tyre pressure was when the tail got loose on a bend on the highway. )

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 18-01-20

Oh, that's new for me. In EU-Europe where I bought my Pajero all new manufactured cars have to come with TPMS from the factory.

The factory TPMS of my MY 2017 Pajero uses wireless tire internal TPMS sensors. The sensors have to be re-learned to the car, when tires/ TPMS-sensors (chatting at 433Mhz) are exchanged. Although the TPMS-integration into the Pajero's display units is very minimalistic:

1.) warning, when tire pressure is low (equal or below 2 bar)
2.) possibility to switch between two TPMS equipped sets of tires

See picture below: