• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhula
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • South of Perth

@HeavyPizzaz, you shouldn't have to drain it. Call the numpty and explain his cock up and pleasantly ask him to fix the problem.
    If that doesn't work then a quick call to the lease company about the mechanic they've selected/suggested should do wonders.

Oil a little overfull, no biggie. Tipping all 10 litres in when it's clearly mentioned in the user manual how much is needed is not cool, remembering that the oil cooler will hold some/all of it's contents when the sump is drained and a trained monkey should know that regardless if he's a MM tech or not.
    2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
    2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

How much oil is too much ?

Thanks mate. I agree but it’s a hassle taking the car back there to be honest.

The Wesfil / Nippon Max filter he’s used has a drain plug on it. I assume it would be bad for the engine on first start to drain the filter, considering that when we change the oil we prefill the filter... or would it be okay if I just empty a bit at a time and not totally drain the filter. Eg the oil filter takes about 1L, so I’ll do roughly 0.5L at a time, a few times. Thoughts please. Need to do it this arvo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 12-01-20, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

Ended up just playing it safe and dropping the sump plug and draining some into a 2L ice cream container

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• aussieintas
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Sorell, Tasmania

I've never prefilled an oil filter with no issues.
          2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Yeorgos
            • Feb 2020
            • Adelaide

I just did an oil and filter change

I emptied 1.75 litres from a 10 litre Penrite 10w40 diesel container leaving 8.25 litres and poured the whole lot in which brought the level juuust above the full mark
            George
            2016 NX GLS Pajero
            2010 JT Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Comment

• Two Emms
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2020
              • Mansfield, Vic

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
              I assume it would be bad for the engine on first start to drain the filter, considering that when we change the oil we prefill the filter...
              Oh dear, it appears I have been doing it wrong for years. Never pre filled a filter. Oh well, too late to start doing it now.
              2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X