Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport QE 2015 - 2019

Pajero Sport QE 2015 - 2019 The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 04-06-19

Now you lost me.
Is it a Prado? Is it a Territory?

As for the quietness factor, it's a petrol Jeep. Guess it goes without saying that petrol cars score in NVH over a diesel.
Old 04-06-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb29 View Post
Now you lost me.

As for the quietness factor, it's a petrol Jeep. Guess it goes without saying that petrol cars score in NVH over a diesel.

Actionman claims to have been a motoring journalist. You are correct Benny, it does go without saying.
Old 04-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb29 View Post
Now you lost me.

Not sure, will need to look at the numbers have a good think. The point with Territory was I can swap Falcon for Territory and tick all the family wagon boxes + towing race car/trailers in town as required and not spend a huge heap of money. Keep the Landcruiser for pulling wood trailers up and down my block/in the bush out of town where the RWD open diff territory would never dare. Use it for camping if we're going further than fire trails the Territory can deal with. Get a second (actually third) set of car seats for the Cruiser it and continue to pay 2 lots of rego/insurance.

Prado would be an all in one car making it a bit more convenient, but to get the version with the k's I would like would be a considerably larger outlay, such that I wouldn't realistically ever see it back by not paying that second rego/insurance, unless I kept the car for 10yrs, which I never do.

Clear as mud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
Actionman claims to have been a motoring journalist. You are correct Benny, it does go without saying.
I was waiting for you to punish yourself a little more, for someone who hates the thread content as much as you claim to, you sure keep coming back for more. I believe the term is "masochist".

Always knew Diesel would be louder, but did not expect the difference to be so great. I had no experience with current gen diesel 4wds. My time in the industry, a decade ago, was spent driving primarily petrol/performance cars because that's what they were being given at the time the site was finding its legs. I had a look and I can still see reference to some of my work there, I'm happy to message you proof of that claim, but I know you don't actually care, you're just looking for something to take a shot at lol

I took a quick look back to see at what point you jumped in and started commenting in this thread, you really did take that comment about retirees to heart didn't you?

Might need to thicken up that skin princess
Old 04-06-19
Valued Member

Yeah yeah. Whatever you say sweetheart.
Old 04-06-19
Resident

Children, play nice!

If you don't like this thread, don't read it.

If you don't have anything constructive to add, don't post.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 04-06-19

Hahah, all in good fun (from me at least) I just give what I get, the instant that changes, so do my responses
Old 04-06-19
Valued Member

I changed from a Pajero and Falcon work Ute to a Ranger with canopy. While it suits me perfectly the Ranger definitely has its shortcomings.

The $$$ saving on rego/insurance doesnít really play a part as Iím doing more kms in the one car so servicing/tyre cost is increased. Basically I found going from 2 cars to one doesnít really change the financial outlay much so wouldnít factor it in. And I can now claim many expenses that I want, er, need for the 4x4.... regardless the depreciation on a newish 4x4 will be the he biggest cost, itís up to you if that cost is justified by having a newer/nicer car to drive.

I went to 1 car as a convenience thing, my kids started doing more after school stuff and I found coming home and changing cars was becoming a pain in the arse and the wasting time. Even little things like leaving sunnies in the other car is now a non issue haha!!!
Old 04-06-19

I find the clatter of a diesel somewhat comforting
Old 04-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab View Post
I changed from a Pajero and Falcon work Ute to a Ranger with canopy. While it suits me perfectly the Ranger definitely has its shortcomings.

The $$$ saving on rego/insurance doesnít really play a part as Iím doing more kms in the one car so servicing/tyre cost is increased. Basically I found going from 2 cars to one doesnít really change the financial outlay much so wouldnít factor it in. And I can now claim many expenses that I want, er, need for the 4x4.... regardless the depreciation on a newish 4x4 will be the he biggest cost, itís up to you if that cost is justified by having a newer/nicer car to drive.

I went to 1 car as a convenience thing, my kids started doing more after school stuff and I found coming home and changing cars was becoming a pain in the arse and the wasting time. Even little things like leaving sunnies in the other car is now a non issue haha!!!
Appreciate the feedback, can see how that played out with a ute. Thankfully all my cars are 4+ doors but with the kids still in seats, moving them back and forth is a pain.

I can soften the blow a little by claiming the work component of depreciation, which will be a bulk of my K's, but that's still only X cents back on the dollar. The only true cost saved is just the rego and insurance as the running costs are already being paid across the two cars for all the k's done so that wont change as a total spend.

As you said, it's convenience vs $$ I will discuss with the minister and go from there.

The comment about the sunnies really hit home lol
Old 04-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie_au View Post
I find the clatter of a diesel somewhat comforting
Hah, fair enough. Horses for courses I guess.

I do like the better fuel economy, not a sa cost saving but as a time saver for less servo visits and the pulling power/ability to chip for more is very appealing...