Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Stupid to buy now? MY12 Advice required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RMX
    • Apr 2011
    • Melbourne

Stupid to buy now? MY12 Advice required!

Hey all, New here and chasing some advice.

I've come to the conclusion I want a Challenger (Thanks to all the info posted so far!).

My 'must-have' list is Silver, Manual with diff lock.

I've spoken to a few dealers and thanks to the tragic events in Japan, Challengers are few and far between but MMA have secured some stock of base models.

I've been advised 4+ months wait for an LS or approx 3 weeks on a Manual, Silver base model with diff lock.

After speaking to multiple dealers, The best price on a base model with the goodies I want is $37,900 on road with mats and a full tank.

This price is roughly $1000 below the 'best price' several other dealers have offered (And some $4,500 cheaper than the highest price), Seems like a decent deal from where I am. Anyone able to comment?

I'd be happy with the base as most of the extras in the LS don't faze me to be honest and an extra $5000 on mods will certainly help my case with the other half.
    I like the idea of extra airbags for safety and the electric folding mirrors while offroad but other than that I'd be happy with the base model.

But, One dealer has advised MY12 may be end of June, One advised end of July/Start of Aug. This thread here states September.

Does anyone have any hard info on the MY12, The changes and when it will be in captivity?

Given I'm an impatient bastard, I'm leaning towards a MY11 but I guess I can hang on a little longer if the MY12 is bringing sweeping changes.

What would you do in my situation?
    Last edited by RMX; 08-06-11, 11:32 PM.
    The first XROX equipped Challenger.

XROX Bar and Rock Sliders, 4" Stainless Steel Snorkel by Raslarr Engineering, 3" Lift with Dobinson MRR Remote Reservoir Shocks and Dobinson Springs, 33s, KMC HD Heist Wheels, Winch, Boo's Bash Plates, Locked, HID's, 9" & 4" LED Spotlights, Tinted, Custom Roof Console with UHF and relocated MFC, Custom rear storage with drawer, fridge slide, hard wired air compressor and 15" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer

*Click links above to be taken to each build post*
  • Tipper
    • Dec 2010
    • Perth WA

That sounds like a good deal, i doubt that the MY12 will be any different as they did a few changes for MY11 and usually run for a few years. I had the MY 10 auto and if i was to get another it would be a base as a lot of people change tyres straight away and it comes with 16 wheels so more choice of tyres and cheaper, def sounds like the go, what dealer is it.

Comment

• 900canoes
      Valued Member
      • May 2008
      • FNQ

The dealer in Cairns has one in the yard now (MY11) 39990.00 except it is grey. Dont know what 'extras' it has. I suspect the remaining MY11s will drop in price as the arrival of the new models nears, unless there are none left of course.

I guess one advantage of the MY12 is that it may glow in the dark?
      2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• LukeS
        • Mar 2010
        • Brisbane

$38k sounds like a pretty good deal to me, especially if you're getting the diff lock included (you want that option!), and I would prefer the 16in rims over the 17in even though the 17in rim design does look better IMO.
        Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...

Comment

• RMX
          • Apr 2011
          • Melbourne

Cheers for the replies gents, The dealer who offered me $37,900 (Silver, Diff lock, Manual, Mats and full tank) is Rex Gorell in Geelong (About an hour away).

XROX Bar and Rock Sliders, 4" Stainless Steel Snorkel by Raslarr Engineering, 3" Lift with Dobinson MRR Remote Reservoir Shocks and Dobinson Springs, 33s, KMC HD Heist Wheels, Winch, Boo's Bash Plates, Locked, HID's, 9" & 4" LED Spotlights, Tinted, Custom Roof Console with UHF and relocated MFC, Custom rear storage with drawer, fridge slide, hard wired air compressor and 15" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer

Comment

• zzkazu
            • Dec 2010
            • Giralang ACT

I'd wait as supply increase so does bargaining power. Remember base model doesn't have electric mirrors which alone would be a deal breaker for me.

Comment

• RMX
              • Apr 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by zzkazu View Post
              Remember base model doesn't have electric mirrors which alone would be a deal breaker for me.
              The mirrors are electronically adjustable, they just don't fold in electronically.

I think I'll order the base model, I don't want to wait.

Comment

• BMN
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2010
                • Perth WA

The base model looks a very good buy at 38k, i would've gone that way if it was in the line-up back when i bought a MY10 LS
                If MY11 are thin on the ground I'm guessing the MY12 could be a long wait (for little reward) so i reckon your making the right choice

Being end of year/model etc try for tint and tow package into the deal
                2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• Tipper
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Perth WA

Good decision, i want another one.

Comment

• Benduro
                    • Oct 2007

Test drove a Base MY11 today in auto guise at Rex Gorrell, Geelong.
                    Not as truck-like as I expected but I would like to drive a manual as this is what I would possibly go for.
                    Sat down with dealer and went through the quote thing. He was very honest, with no pressure or bullshit
                    Ended up being quoted on an MY11 Manual LS with tow bar, mats and full tank of fuel. Came in at $42 500 onroad Great price I thought, considering it was the LS.
                    Asked how long the wait would be and was told October, and then after some further research was told that this would then be a 2012 with no bonuses avail', so an extra $2500.
                    Guys at Gorrell's said that the changes include 4x4 badges on guards, photochromatic rearview mirror and in-mirror reverse camera.
                    Gives me some time to decide weather or not to sell the Paj and get into a Challenger.

Comment

• zzkazu
                      • Dec 2010
                      • Giralang ACT

"this would then be a 2012 with no bonuses avail', so an extra $2500" does this mean your price was $42500 + $2500 for the MY12?

Comment

• Benduro
                        • Oct 2007

Yep, MY12 LS manual $45 000 on road.
                        The other change I forgot to post for the my12 LS was the addition of indicator lights on the door mirrors.

Comment

• zzkazu
                          • Dec 2010
                          • Giralang ACT

Nice touch.

Comment

• acem8
                            • Jul 2011
                            • Queensland

Hi guys,

New member, great reading all the advice on here so I will try and add something useful as I am looking to buy a Challenger in the next few months.

The dealers can start ordering MY12 models now but there are still a fair few MY11 base models that need selling off. LS are becoming a rare animal though and need to be ordered now for Oct/Nov delivery.

The changes will be;

Base model

4x4 badge....and that's it!

LS

4x4 badge
                            Body coloured handles and mirrors (a shame, I thought chrome looked good)
                            Indicators in the door mirrors
                            Front fender garnish??
                            USB port - may have better control for ipod/iphone users?
                            Bluetooth - already has bluetooth phone so maybe bluetooth audio
                            Photochromatic review mirror with reversing camera - this is the best addtion in my view.
                            Improved rear air con for 7 seaters

Now the disturbing news for forum members - they are introducing a 2WD only version of the base model (hence the 4x4 badge). The dealer I am speaking to said he wouldn't be ordering any just yet but said there could be a market for people who want to tow but don't need 4x4. Personally if I was in that market I would be looking at the Santa Fe or Sorrento which has a far more refined and modern diesel.

No idea on pricing yet.
                            MY12 PB Challenger LS Manual in Ironbark. Cooper AT3's, HR Towbar, Tints

Comment

• j3st3r
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2011
                              • Mildura

Originally posted by acem8 View Post
                              Hi guys,

New member, great reading all the advice on here so I will try and add something useful as I am looking to buy a Challenger in the next few months.

The dealers can start ordering MY12 models now but there are still a fair few MY11 base models that need selling off. LS are becoming a rare animal though and need to be ordered now for Oct/Nov delivery.

The changes will be;

Base model

4x4 badge....and that's it!

LS

4x4 badge
                              Body coloured handles and mirrors (a shame, I thought chrome looked good)
                              Indicators in the door mirrors
                              Front fender garnish??
                              USB port - may have better control for ipod/iphone users?
                              Bluetooth - already has bluetooth phone so maybe bluetooth audio
                              Photochromatic review mirror with reversing camera - this is the best addtion in my view.
                              Improved rear air con for 7 seaters

Now the disturbing news for forum members - they are introducing a 2WD only version of the base model (hence the 4x4 badge). The dealer I am speaking to said he wouldn't be ordering any just yet but said there could be a market for people who want to tow but don't need 4x4. Personally if I was in that market I would be looking at the Santa Fe or Sorrento which has a far more refined and modern diesel.

No idea on pricing yet.
                              Just wondering if anyone has an update on pricing for the MY12 LS as yet, it would be good to get an idea of what some of the dealers are offering up the new models at and what is being thrown in to sweeten the deals. What is front fender garnish? .......anyone.
                              PB MY12 LS Challenger, Auto, White.
                              Window Tint, Hayman Reese Towpack, NudgeBar, BushSkinz Bash Plates, HID High Beam Kit, 28" LED Light Bar, Oricom UHF280, Maxxis 980 A/T, Lovells CRR-69 Springs, SPV EGR Mk3.1

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X