• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skins2380
    • Jun 2015
    • ACT

Dealership offering to buy my NX Exceed

Got a cold call from a sales rep from my local Mitsy dealership today offering to either buy my 2014/15 NX Exceed outright or trade it in on another vehicle, he recons the market for NX exceeds has gone through the roof & they cant get any. Said they were paying top dollar. Now that makes a welcome change. Not that I would part with it - too good a vehicle.
  • Ozzz
    • May 2019
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by skins2380 View Post
    Got a cold call from a sales rep from my local Mitsy dealership today offering to either buy my 2014/15 NX Exceed outright or trade it in on another vehicle, he recons the market for NX exceeds has gone through the roof & they cant get any. Said they were paying top dollar. Now that makes a welcome change. Not that I would part with it - too good a vehicle.
    No car for sell atm
    My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Keithyv
      Valued Member
      • May 2018
      • Perth

Tell them ‘Sure I’ll swap it for a brand new one at $0 changeover’
      2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
      MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2019
        • Brisbane

I got chatting to the owners son saleman where i brought my MY16 couple months back not long ago, it was a Mitsy dealer

He had yard for 150 cars & had 39 in stock.

His concern was stock new & used was expensive due to no supply & stack of demand, once market turned he didn't want a yard full of over priced vehicles.

He also said Mitsy were auctioning new stocks to dealers whom were paying close to RRP in the hope of making the money from the Pre Delivery charges + any finance sold to get some cash flow.

No stock from factories & increased demand.
        Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Lets see what happens late March when jobseeker stops.....
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Jasonmc73
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2019
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
            Lets see what happens late March when jobseeker stops.....
            You can't kick the can down the road forever.

Although in general Anna & Co in QLD seem to think you can though & they keep getting voted in 25 years out of 31 years.
            So half the voting population think you can as well

The chickens will come home to roost sooner or later

We have a real problem in Australian populations minds, "The age of entitlement" & no consideration that government debts actually belong to the people, the "government" will retire on big fat perks with no accountability, they just worry about being elected for their own interests

I agree.
            Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

I cannot understand what is happening with the economy right now. My reading of the situation is that the future is most uncertain. I am retired and hopefully have enough savings to ride out any waves which come my way, but for the average guy, what will happen?

I think that the last thing Mr average Joe should do is to go out and buy a new car (or TV or washing machine or anything not needed at the immediate moment). Who knows what will happen tomorrow? I certainly don't and there is no way that I would commit money unnecessarily to anything, let alone a new car. If I had a car, almost invariably it is cheaper to keep repairing it than to replace it - the depreciation of a new or late model car in one year more than covers the likely repairs. Same thing with items such as phones and TVs. If the old ones are working, why replace them. Apple's IPhones are a classic. A thousand dollars for what? Just so you can wave it around and show off to everyone else that you have the latest? And I bet that most of the latest IPhones are not fully paid for - they are paying them off month by month. What happens when your employer suddenly shuts the doors???

I am of the old school - I have always paid cash for any car I bought - I pay cash for anything I buy in fact. If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it. Simple. This is probably not the way the Govt wants people to be but I feel a lot more secure that if I had a huge debt hanging over my head and doubts about my future employment. OK - there are major items such as houses which are beyond the reach of most people without going into debt, but I am sure that most of the current debts are for 'optional' rather than essential purchases. And sadly for me, cars are included in the optional category. Enough - I'll get down off my soapbox before it gets too high and I fall off it.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2016
                • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by erad View Post
                Apple's IPhones are a classic. A thousand dollars for what?

Think you are a bit off with your price mate.

The new iPhone 11 Pro 512GB version is $2,349.

My $200 Samsung does me fine.

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                  Think you are a bit off with your price mate.

The new iPhone 11 Pro 512GB version is $2,349.

My $200 Samsung does me fine.
                  Why do they charge $2,349 for a high-end iPhone?

Because they can.
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Ozzz
                    • May 2019
                    • Brisbane

Instant asset write-off for eligible businesses (150,000 max) will end on 31st December https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Depr...tassetwriteoff. Folks with ABN or ACN rushed into new cars for tax purpose. And many dealers have no stock anymore, if the car delivers after 31st Dec, then it would not count. One of my friend just bought an expensive car and claimed its 100% for business. End of this year, the car price will drop back, plus the cut of the jobseekers and keepers will make some buyers rethink about future.
                    My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Pushbike
                      • Jun 2017
                      • Sydney

Erad, Ditto ditto and DITTO
                      All the stuff is imported, i.e all that Gov. (our taxes) money going overseas, transfer pricing (repatriation of profits)etc. Only supports a minuscule part of our workforce.
                      We have a disproportionate size "service sector" - coffee anyone? Non productive.
                      Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
                      Well, the ball has been dropped.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2019
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
                        Instant asset write-off for eligible businesses (150,000 max) will end on 31st December https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Depr...tassetwriteoff. Folks with ABN or ACN rushed into new cars for tax purpose. And many dealers have no stock anymore, if the car delivers after 31st Dec, then it would not count. One of my friend just bought an expensive car and claimed its 100% for business. End of this year, the car price will drop back, plus the cut of the jobseekers and keepers will make some buyers rethink about future.
                        This scheme keeps shifting been around for quite sometime except they broadened whom was eligible & upped it from $22000 Inc GST to $33,000 Inc GST & now COVID $150K
                        This part up to $33k has been around for years, will be interesting to see if they shift the dates or not again as they have been, it was suppose to end at the end of last financial year.

One other driving factor believe it or not is access to Super $10k in last financial & another $10k this financial, tick & flick for access to be assessed after the event by the ATO to get the $$'s rolling.
                        This has been a bonanza, as per the governments wishes in the "Age of entitlement" they've been on a spending spree

This is on top of international travel being banned which burns holes in peoples pockets, can't go on overseas holidays so they do other things with the money & holidays etc.

Keep in mind not everyone is broke

Comment

• erad
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Cooma NSW

Ozzz wrote, in part "Keep in mind not everyone is broke"

Not yet, but when the brown stuff hits the whirring blades, there is going to be quite a few people who really come down to earth with a very heavy thud. But on the meantime they will have a ball with their new toys. It makes me wonder if I should go and order a 2021 Pajero now. No - I think I will hang on to my NW. It probably has more life left in it than I do.

Comment

• Mundy55
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2015
                            • Gold Coast

I cannot understand what is happening with the economy right now. My reading of the situation is that the future is most uncertain. I am retired and hopefully have enough savings to ride out any waves which come my way, but for the average guy, what will happen?

I think that the last thing Mr average Joe should do is to go out and buy a new car (or TV or washing machine or anything not needed at the immediate moment). Who knows what will happen tomorrow? I certainly don't and there is no way that I would commit money unnecessarily to anything, let alone a new car. If I had a car, almost invariably it is cheaper to keep repairing it than to replace it - the depreciation of a new or late model car in one year more than covers the likely repairs. Same thing with items such as phones and TVs. If the old ones are working, why replace them. Apple's IPhones are a classic. A thousand dollars for what? Just so you can wave it around and show off to everyone else that you have the latest? And I bet that most of the latest IPhones are not fully paid for - they are paying them off month by month. What happens when your employer suddenly shuts the doors???

I am of the old school - I have always paid cash for any car I bought - I pay cash for anything I buy in fact. If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it. Simple. This is probably not the way the Govt wants people to be but I feel a lot more secure that if I had a huge debt hanging over my head and doubts about my future employment. OK - there are major items such as houses which are beyond the reach of most people without going into debt, but I am sure that most of the current debts are for 'optional' rather than essential purchases. And sadly for me, cars are included in the optional category. Enough - I'll get down off my soapbox before it gets too high and I fall off it.
                            Certainly paying cash for things you need rather than want, in these uncertain times, makes sense. However, it is not always the case. I, too, am retired. Whether or not it makes sense to pay cash for things depends on how one's super and other investments are fairing and the cost of debt. If the rate of appreciation of one's investments is greater than the interest rate of debt, take the debt. Sure there's more risk but you can't get returns without risk. So, it depends on your risk profile.

Not saying you should take on debt at the moment but things will get better eventually and that a blanket only pay cash is not necessarily in your financial best interests.

Comment

• stumagoo
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2014
                              • Perth WA S.O.R

Ozzz wrote, in part "Keep in mind not everyone is broke"

Not yet, but when the brown stuff hits the whirring blades, there is going to be quite a few people who really come down to earth with a very heavy thud. But on the meantime they will have a ball with their new toys. It makes me wonder if I should go and order a 2021 Pajero now. No - I think I will hang on to my NW. It probably has more life left in it than I do.

is there going to be a 2021 Pajero --- I suspect that is the other reason for cold calls like the OP --- no new pajeros before long

but the used car market is going crazy we do a lot of work for dealerships (prettying up tradeins) and they just cant get any the quality of cars they send us now are total crap and we are getting twice what we used to get. Dealers are buying total shit boxes giving them a quick lick of paint and selling a t a premium
                              1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                              *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                              1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X