• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by toasta View Post
    Well the good news is that it is not the brake master cylinder, abs, booster unit. Apparently very expensive to replace as it is all a single unit...

Out of interest - does anyone have the part number for this for an 2014 NW?

Turned out to be a little air in the lines - mechanic re-bled the system and it is back to normal...

Admits he may not have done it properly and was VERY apologetic.
    Good that it was a simple fix, although it shouldn't have happened.

Keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn't return over time, in case there is something letting air into the system.

It would be rare for the master unit to have an issue on such a young car - usually only on much older Pajeros & even then not common.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• hinsch
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Perth

Well the good news is that it is not the brake master cylinder, abs, booster unit. Apparently very expensive to replace as it is all a single unit...

Out of interest - does anyone have the part number for this for an 2014 NW?

Turned out to be a little air in the lines - mechanic re-bled the system and it is back to normal...

He (apprentice T/A ) may not have done it properly, sorry these are brakes not window washers, these things make you stop.
      Did he give you a refund??? not to sure I would use him again
      NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

Glad it was easy fix but I'd be concerned with a mechanic that couldn't bleed brakes correctly.
        2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• toasta
          • Oct 2014
          • Northern Beaches, Sydney

You're all spot on - I'm not going back there again.

Quite oissed off thatit happened in the first place.

I have a PM from a member that said there is another member on here that can recommend a good mechanic on the north shore. Will definitely follow that up.

Comment

• Mike DiD
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007

If it was air in the lines, it was there since the last service - so either he didn't test the pedal for sagging to the floor - a real worry.

OR

He tested it and noticed the sagging to the floor - but couldn't be bothered checking why !!!

The only way air will get into the pipes is if he doesn't keep an eye on the fluid level in the reservoir as he bleeds out the old fluid. Even as an amateur mechanic, that has never happened to me.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X