Clear All
  • green troll
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by kiwi horan View Post
    a downloadable PDF for anyone interested in viewing offline

I've just compiled Green Trolls post

Thanks for doing that mate. I haven’t been on the forum for yonks. Very quiet here these days, but hopefully the PDF will help someone

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2013
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Odie View Post
      Originally posted by OldEmmGee View Post
      The reed switch (in the trailer socket) is meant to be connected to the RPA kit when it has a Genuine Accessory (Australia developed) kit; the Japanese developed 'Original Equipment' RPA system does not interface with the reed switch; Japanese rarely tow.
      My tow bar was dealer fitted prior to delivery. Does the Japanese OE system hook up differently meaning this fix won't work for those with the Jap OE? I've had the right rear & floor panels out of the boot in the past and don't remember seeing either of those two modules in there (not that I was looking for them).
      Calling OldEmmGee...
      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Sydney

Thanks Vlad.

THE TOWING BAR MODE SWITCHING

By operating the corner sensor switch (sonar OFF switch), "TOWING BAR MODE" and "STANDARD MODE" can be changed.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
        2. Move the shift lever or selector lever to the "R" (reverse) position.
        3. Turn off the reversing sensor system by operating the corner sensor switch (sonar OFF switch).(SONAR OFF indicator: ON)
        4. Press and hold the corner sensor switch (sonar OFF switch) for approximately 5 seconds.
        5. The buzzer* sounds and the mode is switched between "TOWING BAR MODE" and "STANDARD MODE".
        The solution I’ve heard is to cycle the the switch a few times - doesn’t work. I’ll have to give this new one a go.
        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2013
          • Sydney

Well I can confirm that the instruction is printed in black and white in the owner’s manual. Works a treat I have to say.

Build Thread

Comment

• sootyNT
            • Oct 2014
            • Surrey Downs

Just to add my two cents worth, my sensors automatically turn off when I open the flap on my tow bar wiring plug.

There are two little prongs on the flap which deactivate a switch in the harness.

Mine is factory fitted though.
            2011 NT Pajero Platinum.

Comment

• craka
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by sootyNT View Post
              Just to add my two cents worth, my sensors automatically turn off when I open the flap on my tow bar wiring plug.

There are two little prongs on the flap which deactivate a switch in the harness.

Mine is factory fitted though.
              Might have to investigate mine a little further than, as I'm pretty sure mine is a factory fitted towbar, but unfortunately mine isn't disabling when the flap is pulled up.
              NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• vladguan
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by craka View Post
                Might have to investigate mine a little further than, as I'm pretty sure mine is a factory fitted towbar, but unfortunately mine isn't disabling when the flap is pulled up.
                There is no factory fitted towbars. Yours would be dealer fitted. The issue here is dealer fitted reversing sensors have the ability to do it. Factory fitted sensors have an override button that can be programmed to be in tow mode until ignition is turned off and on again.
                Please call me Vlad.
                -----------------------
                MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• svill123
                  • Jul 2016
                  • Australia

I wish I did this years ago. My NS no longer beeps when reversing with a trailer. I do not have the Sonar switch on the dash to turn off the sensors.
                  I previously had the round 7 pin socket which did not have a reed switch.
                  I changed it to a '12 Pin Flat Trailer Socket with Reed Switch for use with Normally Closed Circuits' - Narva Part #82073BL and followed GreenTroll's instructions to solve the issue.
                  Thanks.
                  Last edited by svill123; 12-09-20, 03:32 PM.
                  NS Pajero 2007 3.2TD Auto

Comment

• EricE
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Gippsland

I don’t know if this will pop this thread up to the top (newbie here) but to not start a new thread....

I don’t have a “sonar” switch on my dash, it has been seemingly replaced by a switch for a roof beacon to suit the previous work this car did in outback South Australia as a fleet car for a power company.

BUT after 12 months of ownership I found a sonar/reversing sensor beeper on/off switch on the driver-side, side panel near the rear door.

If this isn’t commonly done or even standard it might be a useful hint to others without the sonar switch on the dash.

I wonder if I will find all these things before I eventually sell the car?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• EricE
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Gippsland

Just a note. Hey, I know - I do silly mods to my cars. But please, if you are going to fit a switch that actually does something, how about you label it for the next owner.

Comment

• Two Emms
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2020
                        • Mansfield, Vic

What! That would ruin the adventure
                        2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• EricE
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Gippsland

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X