• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willneill
    • Mar 2019
    • Melbourne

Wanted - OEM nudge bar

Looking for an OEM nudge bar to fit my 09 NT, would need the necessary parts for fitment, and sent to Melbourne. Does anyone know if it's a difficult job fitting?

Planning on having factory wheels powder coated black and will have the bar done at the same time. Is anyone running a black nudge bar, how does it look? Only purpose is to mount some lights.
    2009 NT GLS Manual DiD, Cool Silver Metallic, OzTec shocks & raised King springs,Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/70R17,OEM nudge bar, BushSkinz bash plates, BushSkinz side steps, ARB alloy rack, ARB awning, Ultra Vision light bar, Uniden comms, 100AH lithium battery and 30L Dometic fridge, custom drawers, work in progress...
  • redbruce
    Administrator
    • Sep 2019
    • Melbourne

They are an easy straight forward fit.

Have to carefully enlarge a couple of existing holes in grill and uses factory mounting points

If you have an aftermarket bash plate spacers needs to have an edge filed.
    PCOV Member 1954
    MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Have a look at threads below.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• willneill
        • Mar 2019
        • Melbourne

Have found a new and boxed genuine bar with all parts for $350.. does that sound reasonable? I then need to pay for postage from NSW to VIC...
        2009 NT GLS Manual DiD, Cool Silver Metallic, OzTec shocks & raised King springs,Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/70R17,OEM nudge bar, BushSkinz bash plates, BushSkinz side steps, ARB alloy rack, ARB awning, Ultra Vision light bar, Uniden comms, 100AH lithium battery and 30L Dometic fridge, custom drawers, work in progress...

Comment

• hamish1970
          • Sep 2014
          • Leichhardt, Sydney

Originally posted by willneill View Post
          Looking for an OEM nudge bar to fit my 09 NT, would need the necessary parts for fitment, and sent to Melbourne. Does anyone know if it's a difficult job fitting?

Planning on having factory wheels powder coated black and will have the bar done at the same time. Is anyone running a black nudge bar, how does it look? Only purpose is to mount some lights.
          Hi Will, I have my nudge bar black, still with peelable paint as I did my wheels before powdercoating and it's lasting ok. But up close it's pitted, originally mirror stainless steel. My suggestion is to get powdercoated when you do your wheels as I should have. The bar I bought is a cheap piece of rubbish off ebay, sold by Red...something here in Oz and the mounts have broken and also looking to move to an OEM option as replacement. I had to retro fit a stable cross bar to mount lightbar and daytime running lights underneath.

This shot is my Paj with black bar and the powdercoated wheels on the way to VIC snow in 2017.
          Attached Files

Comment

• willneill
            • Mar 2019
            • Melbourne

Hi Hamish. Thanks for the advice and image, still looks good! I managed to get an OEM nudge bar and am finally booked in to have it and my wheels powder coated.

It was relatively easy to find the bar, got mine off gumtree new in the box with all bolts and bracketry. If you're looking you shouldn't have any issues.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X