• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ausdigga
    • Sep 2013
    • East Gippsland

Terminal POP !

G'Day all , So driving with the radio on recently I heard a very loud pop followed by loss of volume ,I turned the volume up to max to hear anything, this was followed by another pop and it went back to normal , it happened twice more then total loss of sound. I have done all the normal stuff , fuses and connections and all seems ok , any suggestions welcome. There is nothing from the disc player either ,any help welcome . Ausdigga.
    Pajero NW,2013 GLX.R Full egr block,catch can, spare wheel lifter, bushskinz plates, full width shelf,engel fridge, OME suspension and 50mm lift, SPV mod.BD Aux tank, fan cooled transmission cooler with more to come! Towing an Opalite 540 caravan.
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

Loud POPs , sound like an electrolytic capacitor or similar going on either the internal amplifier output of the headunit or the power input within the headunit.

When you say there nothing from the CD player do you mean just no audio or it doesn't power on either?
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Ausdigga
      • Sep 2013
      • East Gippsland

Originally posted by craka View Post
      Loud POPs , sound like an electrolytic capacitor or similar going on either the internal amplifier output of the headunit or the power input within the headunit.

When you say there nothing from the CD player do you mean just no audio or it doesn't power on either?
      Hi Craka, It all lights up on radio and disc and I can hear the disc selecting tracks but just no output at all now. Thanks for the reply Ausdigga
      Pajero NW,2013 GLX.R Full egr block,catch can, spare wheel lifter, bushskinz plates, full width shelf,engel fridge, OME suspension and 50mm lift, SPV mod.BD Aux tank, fan cooled transmission cooler with more to come! Towing an Opalite 540 caravan.

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Ausdigga View Post
        Hi Craka, It all lights up on radio and disc and I can hear the disc selecting tracks but just no output at all now. Thanks for the reply Ausdigga
        Sound like the out amplifiers internal of the headunit. You could pull the unit out and work out on the rear of the unit what the speaker connections are and put a cheap 'test' speaker over it see if there is any audio output.

However I suspect it be the headunit that has the problem.
        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Ausdigga
          • Sep 2013
          • East Gippsland

Thanks for the reply craka, I'm handy with tools but I think I'll have to wait until covid will allow the local radio shop to pull it out and take a look . This is definitely one of the best forums I've used !

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X