• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seanisonfire182
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

92 SWB Paj questions

i just bought a 92 swb Pajero with a 2 inch susp upgrade and i was wondering what are the biggest tyres i can get? would i be able to fit 33/12.5R15?
  • my.paj
    • Dec 2010
    • Tullamarine

I run 33/10.5 with no lift.
    Rick
    Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
    New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• bakerboy
      "valued 3000+ member"
      • May 2008
      • Perth

its not so much the clearance under the arches thats the issue, its the scrubage caused by the offset (the 235's i have on now scrub where as my 32x11.5x15's didnt)
      If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• andy27
        • Sep 2011
        • sydney

I reckon it would be ok...if ur going to do a body lift in the future even better! ,little shorty will b unstoppable yew

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
          I run 33/10.5 with no lift.
          Rick
          Just note that the NL like Rick's has the factory bodylift to fit the larger 3.5L V6 engine, but from what others have done, a bodylift on the NH is a bit of work but not complicated! Trickier if you already have a winch-bar already fitted.

Steve
          Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
          "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• my.paj
            • Dec 2010
            • Tullamarine

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
            Just note that the NL like Rick's has the factory bodylift to fit the larger 3.5L V6 engine, but from what others have done, a bodylift on the NH is a bit of work but not complicated! Trickier if you already have a winch-bar already fitted.

Steve
            I was talking about my NH shorty, sorry I have 2 Pajero's I will edit my sig.
            Rick
            Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
            New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• seanisonfire182
              • Mar 2012
              • Perth

So will 33's rub?? Should I just go with 32/11.5 to be safe??

Comment

• Paj man
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010
                • Perth

I would go for the 33's - looks wicked and I couldn't believe the difference it made to my offroad performance when I switched from 32's (although I did go from ATs to MTs at the same time). Fit the 33's and even if you need to put an inch body lift on, it's not a hard job and will improve your body clearance at the same time.

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
                I was talking about my NH shorty, sorry I have 2 Pajero's I will edit my sig.
                Rick

The new signature rhymes as well - like
                1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• lewis84
                  • May 2010
                  • NSW

I ran 33x12.5 on my NH at std height for 3 months, no scrubbing at all. 3" lift went in and it now never even comes close. you don't need a body lift and imho if you can get away with out body lifting your truck it's a good thing.
                  cheers
                  94 NJ, MODS: Auto conversion, 1/4 chop, custom front and rear bar, 2" lift, 33x12.5" hankooks, rear sway bar removed, HID headlights, HID nite stalker 200's, rear LED work lights, red arc dual battery system, tekonsha primus brake controller, UHF, gps running ozi explorer and hema maps, suspension seats, power windows, DVD players, rhino racks holding shovel, high lift, awning, PVC rod holder and alloy basket

Comment

• xrrob
                    • May 2011
                    • Abermain NSW

How do you find the gearing with the 33" ?
                    3.0L 97NK SWB. 2"Body Lift,Front & Rear ARB Air Lockers, ARB Air Compressor,Front & Rear Diff Breathers Under Bonnet, Aisin Free Wheeling Hubs, ARB Steel Winch Bar & 9500lbs Winch, Tyres 265/75 R16 BF Goodrich Mud T/A KM2, UHF, 2" Suspension lift,Koni Adjustable Shocks,Lovells Coil Springs,New Torsion Bars,PolyAir Bags, Tinted Windows, Snorkel,Rock Sliders with Side Rails, Piranha DBE180S Dual BatterySystem,Drifta Rear Draws Installed, 27 Watt LED Rear Light, LightForce Genesis,32"LED Light Bar.

Comment

• lewis84
                      • May 2010
                      • NSW

not really noticeable from 31's to 33's mate, but the ground clearance off road definitely is. My Speedo read 100 at 100 on the GPS on 31's, now reads 95 at 100 on the GPS so I guess it equates to a 5% increase in gearing?
                      cheers, Chris
                      94 NJ, MODS: Auto conversion, 1/4 chop, custom front and rear bar, 2" lift, 33x12.5" hankooks, rear sway bar removed, HID headlights, HID nite stalker 200's, rear LED work lights, red arc dual battery system, tekonsha primus brake controller, UHF, gps running ozi explorer and hema maps, suspension seats, power windows, DVD players, rhino racks holding shovel, high lift, awning, PVC rod holder and alloy basket

Comment

• seanisonfire182
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Perth

I ended up going for 32/11.5 Micky t's Baja MTZ!! Awesome tyres

Comment

• Paj man
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • Perth

Nice, just in time too. Rain this weekend

Provides access to Western Australian weather forecasts, weather observations, flood warnings and high sea forecasts of the Bureau of Meteorology and Western Australia Regional Office
                          1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X