• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tanuja1980
    • Nov 2016
    • Tokyo

Pajero Evolution

Hi All,

I'm an expat living in Tokyo and will return home in the next couple of years. That'll give me enough time to buy a car and imported under the personal import scheme I believe.

I am thinking of buying a 1998 Pajero Evolution with ~88kms on the clock, checked it out yesterday and it looked pretty tidy; about AUD 15K including tax etc. I know these are a homologation special so was a little worried about servicing and parts in Oz?

Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to the above or what to watch out for?

Cheers,

T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

I envy you having for her chance to get one of these amazing vehicles. that said (and remember I am only going on what I have read or can guess) these are a unique vehicle and don't share their engine or suspension and drive train with any other car. my guess is parts will all be X Japan and will need a second or third mortgage to purchase. there are. a couple here already from what I have seen over the years but I would not expect to see any in the local wreckers

All that said .... if I had the chance and the funds I would jump at the chance
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• seivad
      • Jul 2010
      • Sydney

Looks like an amazing machine, but one description I read includes this: Quote :Just make sure you don’t crash it – the MIVEC 3.5 is exclusive to the Evo Pajero and you probably won’t find many replacement suspension or body parts in Australia.
      So have fun. But not too much!

Comment

• Tanuja1980
        • Nov 2016
        • Tokyo

Thanks!

Much appreciated - I had a look around the web and what I read was consistent with what you guys are saying. I guess it will be a bit of a gamble...not sure if there is anyone on here who owns one in Oz?

Cheers,

T

Comment

• stumagoo
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • Perth WA S.O.R

I have seen 1 on Carsales in the last 2-3years. I have also seen mention/pics of a second one in another Aussie forum. So they have had a presence here but nothing large
          1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
          *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
          1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• NJV6
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2010
            • New Zealand

There are a number of these in NZ and seem to be ok to keep on the road, even a couple done up with a bit of a lift etc for off road. The Mivec 3.5 is a complicated beast but parts are available.
            1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
            1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
            2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Tanuja1980
              • Nov 2016
              • Tokyo

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Barneymutt
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2007
                • Regents Park. Qld

A fella in Adelaide owns one who has a Youtube channel, also post about it on Facebook in the Pajero 4x4 Club Aust page.

Comment

• Steve879
                  • Jan 2014
                  • Canberra

2012 Pajero Activ.. ARB Bar, LED Driving ights, TJM Coils and Shocks, TJM Snorkel. Dominator winch. BFG KM2 265/70/17 Stedi Led fog lights and DRL's. Icom UHF.

Comment

• Steve879
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Canberra

Only driven on Sundays!!!
                    2012 Pajero Activ.. ARB Bar, LED Driving ights, TJM Coils and Shocks, TJM Snorkel. Dominator winch. BFG KM2 265/70/17 Stedi Led fog lights and DRL's. Icom UHF.

Comment

• Tanuja1980
                      • Nov 2016
                      • Tokyo

27K! I guess I should grab one while I am here. Will keep you posted.

Comment

• PAJERO-EVO
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Perth

Hi mate,

I was told by a mechanic that some of the parts are inter-changeable with older/newer models. Just need to convert part numbers.

Also, there websites out there where you can pick up pretty much whatever you need - albeit, the prices are bit up there.

Hope you take an Evolution home with you
                        1998 Pajero Evolution, Stock Standard

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X