Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Not an Idler pulley but a tensioner bolt and locking nut. If Dultim8 has loosened the adjuster all the way and has the correct belts, it should all work. Only those 2 real factors to check
Old 4 Days Ago

Default Replacing all belts 3.2DiD

Belt sizes with factory alternator are 11A0965 x 2
A/C belt is 13A0915
Likely the the common rail engine they are the same.
If it is not the factory or exact match alternator you may need different length belts.

Some time back I was looking at resolving a different issue and purchased a cheap eBay copy alt in that case a had to buy shorter belts.

If everything is genuine you should not need to have the alt hard up against the engine to get the 2 x 11A0965 belts on.

Once the belts are on and to correct tension the tension bolt and lock bolt/bracket will have a gap of approx
Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.

Last edited by Ocean; 3 Days Ago at 06:57 PM.
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Some time back I was looking at resolving a different issue and purchased a cheap eBay copy alt in that case a had to buy shorter belts.
Well, bugger me, who would have thought. Thanks for sharing.
Old 4 Days Ago

All bolts are loosened off.
Should it be a straight fit though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGA View Post
Not an Idler pulley but a tensioner bolt and locking nut. If Dultim8 has loosened the adjuster all the way and has the correct belts, it should all work. Only those 2 real factors to check
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dultim8 View Post
Yes, as per Oceans quote. (I do remember it to be a little tight but not enough to think they would not go on). Can you confirm Oceans part numbers and original alternator?

Quote:
A/C belt is 13A0965

If it is not the factory or exact match alternator you may need different length belts.

If everything is genuine you should not need to have the alt hard up against the engine to get the 2 x 11A0965 belts on.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGA View Post
Well, bugger me, who would have thought. Thanks for sharing.

Basically what I thought at the time too. The angle that the lock bracket grove sat in was different meaning even on full adjustment the original belt size was too long. That was the main diff with the cheap alt, charge and out put voltage was fine. I went back to the factory original alt because I was not confident the shorter belts were not having an adverse affect on the water pump speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by dultim8 View Post

Really they should fall on if all parts are factory original and with the alt hard up against the engine.

Iím back to original, and find the only way to get the alt against the engine is to loosen the bottom bolt on the alt.

Now I have the bottom bolt just tight enough to use a bar to push the alt towards the engine approx 3cm from the engine is as close to the engine I can get with this method, that is enough to get the belts over albeit a bit tight. Getting to the bottom alt bolt means taking more off to get to it and it becomes a longer job, but as mentioned the belts then fall on easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 Days Ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Is there a sequence for putting them back on?
Old 4 Days Ago

From memory the bottom nut to the alternator is a prick to undo.(in the worst spot) Grab yourself a double ring end spanner. The extra reach/angle it has will help with this nut.... Cheers
Old 4 Days Ago

Just to clarify, the 2 alternator belts I have taken off are

MITSUBOSHI brand
MH 014066

and the Aircon belt is
MITSUBOSHI
Denso 90861-09100

The replacement belts I have are

GATES V_BELT 11A0965 x 2
And
GATES V-BELT 13A0915

DO I have the right belts??

Thanks.

Quote:
A/C belt is 13A0965
Likely the the common rail engine they are the same.

Once the belts are on and to correct tension the tension bolt and lock bolt/bracket will have a gap of approx <2cm