Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Ongoing Projects that benefit members

Ongoing Projects that benefit members Projects from members than can be purchased at the right price.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon View Post
Hi vlad can i order a full on off with switches I went on facebook but they want me to supply to much info. Hopefully can order here
Sure. Have you wait for the next batch
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Front or front and rear

Hi Vlad

Does this mod cause the traction control to remain on for just the front wheels? I’m just thinking that you wouldn’t want traction control on at the rear with the diff locked. But perhaps with the diff locked the system will never detect that left or right wheel is spinning faster than other so won’t interfere at the rear?
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Hi Vlad

Does this mod cause the traction control to remain on for just the front wheels? I’m just thinking that you wouldn’t want traction control on at the rear with the diff locked. But perhaps with the diff locked the system will never detect that left or right wheel is spinning faster than other so won’t interfere at the rear?
I believe that is the case. The rear diff lock will prevent one wheel going faster than the other and so won't trigger the traction control.
Old 1 Week Ago

Ok just wonder why MM would deactivate the traction control with diff locked ? They must be worried it may cause an issue. With the centre diff locked and the rear diff locked, I think the only thing the traction control will do is brake front right or left if they start to spin. I definitely see that as an advantage.
I assume MM must be concerned that at some stage TC will intervene at the rear and try and apply brakes to one wheel which of course won’t be good with rear and centre diffs locked.
So just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues or if they have noted any major improvements .
Old 1 Week Ago

I recently did the traction control mod on my NS. I put a relay in so I can enable/disable the mod. To test it I took it to a short sandy incline with cross-axle holes. I can easily get up it with only traction control on, and I can easily get "stuck" with only rear diff lock on so it's the perfect test. I put the rear lock on with the TC mod off and duly became immobile. I engaged the TC mod and watched the wheel lights on the dash as the TC worked to get me moving again. It did get me moving, but I was surprised to see one front wheel and both rear wheel lights flashing. I have always assumed the the wheel light flashing meant the TC was working on that wheel, and if that is the case, it was working on one front wheel and both back wheels with the diff lock engaged.

There is some good discussion on benifits and possible issues on the thread...
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=16348
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod
Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

Quote:
Ok just wonder why MM would deactivate the traction control with diff locked ? They must be worried it may cause an issue.
Possibly. Or it's a different configuration for which they would need to program / test / verify traction control performance, which costs money, which is something that has been limited in MM's development program for a number of years now. I believe it was something they simply didn't think was worthwhile - particularly for a company that (once upon a time) thought that traction control made diff locks unnecessary.

Quote:
With the centre diff locked and the rear diff locked, I think the only thing the traction control will do is brake front right or left if they start to spin. I definitely see that as an advantage.
Locked as you describe, a minimum of three wheels would need to spin.

Quote:
I assume MM must be concerned that at some stage TC will intervene at the rear and try and apply brakes to one wheel which of course won’t be good with rear and centre diffs locked.
As best I can tell, the TC detects spinning by sudden acceleration of one or more wheels, which are polled sequentially. Locked front & rear, my traction control will still indicate any number of spinning wheels, and presumably brake any combination. I've never noticed a problems caused by TC - stability control, on the other hand, is little more than a pain.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrubby View Post
I recently did the traction control mod on my NS. I put a relay in so I can enable/disable the mod. To test it I took it to a short sandy incline with cross-axle holes. I can easily get up it with only traction control on, and I can easily get "stuck" with only rear diff lock on so it's the perfect test. I put the rear lock on with the TC mod off and duly became immobile. I engaged the TC mod and watched the wheel lights on the dash as the TC worked to get me moving again. It did get me moving, but I was surprised to see one front wheel and both rear wheel lights flashing. I have always assumed the the wheel light flashing meant the TC was working on that wheel, and if that is the case, it was working on one front wheel and both back wheels with the diff lock engaged.

There is some good discussion on benifits and possible issues on the thread...
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=16348
Remember these are meant for short term use to get you out of trouble. Traction control system can overheat if overworked.