Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 29-01-19
Valued Member

Dicko thanks for reply.
I jst paused couple of scenes from their shows where towball and hitch system is visible.
To me, that look like a normal everyday towball.
NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, towbar, spare tyre lift kit, Safari snorkel, Milford cargo barrier, "Bushskinz" and "Basha" bashplates, UHF, Air compressor, SPV EGR Mod, Rhino Pioneer platform, MM Towbar, Redarc TowPro brake controler, 2.5" lift kit by Ultimate Suspension, 265/70/17 BFG KO2 AT LT, Opposite Lock Bullbar, VRS winch, Lightforce Genesis LED driving lights.
Old 30-01-19
Valued Member

We have a Treg on the camper. The hitch is not an issue opening the door but the handbrake sticks up even when off. Usually only an issue on uneven ground. Lift helps.

With 2 of us hitching up is simple, solo it can be a pain even with reverse camera as you need to get the jockey height just right.

Just spent 2 weeks away with a mate who has a DO35 on his camper. Pretty impressed but expensive - I'll have to put up with getting in and out a couple of times I think for the time being.
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
Old 01-02-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitchi View Post
I use a Mchitch Auto Coupler. Best thing since sliced bread

Mr Bitchi, is the McHitch auto coupler difficult to get the height correct? I would imagine it is easy to do on a hard level surface - put a mark on the jockey wheel, and reverse the vehicle up to the trailer. But on uneven ground, is it a two person operation to set the height correctly with the jockey wheel, to get it to align with the receiver on the vehicle?
Pajero NS R SWB 2008, DiD, black, KM2 muddies, nudge bar, tow bar, TowPro, tint, Bush Skinz bash plates & sliders, Lovells springs, Bilstein shocks, ARB compressor, Lightforce XGT spotties, snorkel, UHF GME TX3340, dual battery, Redarc isolator, SPV mod.
Old 01-02-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Mr Bitchi, is the McHitch auto coupler difficult to get the height correct? I would imagine it is easy to do on a hard level surface - put a mark on the jockey wheel, and reverse the vehicle up to the trailer. But on uneven ground, is it a two person operation to set the height correctly with the jockey wheel, to get it to align with the receiver on the vehicle?
2 people makes it easier, but for one person just back up to within a few inches of it (easy with a reversing camera) hop out and adjust the height, then reverse back. Easy with a bit of practice.

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.